Chapter 25

There's a surprise at the end of this chapter, keep reading!
————————————————————————

After that, winter became the most dreadful season to me. And coming upon us was the cold, snowy season, that would mark a year since my world collapsed.
The happiest moment of my life turned into the very nightmares I still sometimes dream. Losing my son took my heart and crumpled it.

"You're really pregnant?" Wesley asked. From my spot on the floor, I nodded. There's no way ten pregnancy tests all came back positive and I wasn't pregnant, I'd never trust another test again.
Wesley and I's relationship was rocky after the loss of our child. I didn't want to speak, or eat, or be touched. The two year old's didn't understand, and made it that much harder for us. Wesley wanted to help me, but there was nothing he could do that would ease the pain in my chest. And I knew he was hurting too, but it wasn't my priority. I could hardly look at him, because since I got pregnant, I imagined my son to be a spitting image of my husband.

That year, Wesley and I went back to Rio, and there I had conceived. His name was going to be Tobias Jacob, Tobias being Wesley's middle name and Jacob for my beloved big brother. I was so excited, and then it all turned to ash. It was the darkest time for our marriage, but we made it through. However, I was fearful now. Because I knew that if this were to happen a second time, our marriage would surely fall apart.

"Terra, don't think negative. You will have your baby, and it'll be the best thing you've ever experienced," Tessa told me.
I wanted to believe that, but I could only imagine the worst and it was killing me. Across my left arm, my son's name was tattooed. I got it after I fell out of my depression.

"You're pregnant, T," Wesley smiled. "This is our second chance."

"It is," I replied. Suddenly, I cried. "It's happy tears, I promise."
My mother always told me things happen for a reason. That was her way of justifying my marriage to Christian, but she lived by that saying. It was her way to keep going, probably to help with everything she endured being married to Leo. It was her hope. Everything happens for a reason.

"Okay," I said, wiping my face. "I'm not going to dwell, I'm going to be happy and thankful that I will have a baby."

"Good," Tessa smiled.

Isabelle hugged me tight, "Three grand-babies, what a gift."

"I'd like to remind all of you, that while I'm so happy for my sister, we could all still very much die."

"Give me that," Carlos took the gun from Wesley. "Stay with your wife, son."
Wesley sat by me on the floor, placing a gentle kiss against my forehead.

"I love you, Terra. More than anything."

"I love you too."
The shots rang out as Christian and Wolfe defended our family. It all went quiet, and that meant either we won, or everyone we cared for out there died.

There was a knock on the door, then a familiar voice. "It's clear."
Carlos opened the door, and I jumped into Castiel's arms.

"Is Chris okay?" Tessa asked. As if on cue, he walked in behind Castiel.
"Oh my god."

"Daddy!" The girls shouted.

"Come here," he said. He hugged all three of them, Tessa clinging tightly.

"Thank god," she whispered.

"And Wolfe?" I asked.

"Fortunately for you, alive and well my dear," he said with a smile.

I laughed, "Very fortunate. Are you okay?"

His smile softened, and for the first time, it was genuine. "I'm fine, thank you."