Chapter 20

I love my cat. Do any of you have pets?

————————————————————————

"I will pay you twenty grand to hunt this son of a bitch down."
Wesley wasn't my fiancé right now, he was the boss with a personal hatred. He just offered to pay Wolfe twenty thousand if he could find Leo. Granted he's the best hacker in the world, that's a lot.

"Twenty isn't needed, Wesley. I'd do this for free, he's targeting me too."

"Then let's get started."

Wolfe led us over to a bookshelf. The books seemed old and antique, and the shelves were lined with dust. He pulled one and it opened into a small and dark room. It hardly fit the four of us in there. Christian, Wesley and I stood behind Wolfe as he turned on the multiple monitors lining the wall.
The room lit up from the screens and he began typing vigorously. I didn't know a thing about coding or hacking, but he did it so effortlessly as if it was built into him. Beeps, camera footage, documents, so many things appeared all at once and he processed them within seconds and then moving on to whatever else he was looking for next.

We waited silently for nearly fifteen minutes when he finally stopped typing and said, "Found him."
A red dot appeared on a map that stretched between all the monitors, showing other cities in the country he was in. But then it zoomed out to another country and multiple red dots pinged. It continued until every continent was visible and red dots were in every major city on the planet.

His face went dead still, his eyes colder than ice, and slowly, every word from his mouth spilled out with venom. "I will tear your goddamn throat out."
The corner of his mouth curled up, leaving a very unsettling feeling in my stomach. This man could burn the entire world with a smile on his face.

He began typing again, his hands moving as fast as lightning. The screens popped up multiple things at once and then, once again, he stopped. "I've got you now, asshole. He's in Andorra."

"Why the hell would he be in Andorra?" I asked. "I thought he was in Moscow."

Wolfe turned around. "Sweetheart, Moscow probably means something to you or someone close to you. I assure you, he's in Andorra."

"Have you ever been?" Wesley asks me. I shook my head. "What about Tess or Jake?" I shook my head once again.

I looked back at Wolfe. "My father is part Russian, he and my mother got married in Moscow."

"Bingo." Out of nowhere, alarms starting blaring. Wolfe jumped from his chair and the screens changed to active camera footage from downstairs, the elevator, and inside his penthouse. A man covered head-to-toe entered the elevator with a box.
"This room is as strong as a panic room. Even with an entrance, it's impenetrable, you're safe here." His voice was stone and he emphasized each word, "do not leave."

He left through a door that blended into the metal walls. Christian and Wesley both grabbed their guns, standing in front of me, each one of them aiming at both entrances. Wesley gently pushed me to the back corner and handed me a pistol he had under his pant leg.
My gaze was focused on the monitors. Wolfe stood pressed against the wall next to the elevator with a knife in his hand. The man was unarmed, at least it seemed so. Everyone treated that box like it held a bomb inside. I wanted to tell Wolfe to stay here so he didn't get killed, but he spoke harshly and left without anyone saying anything back.

The elevator doors slid open. Wolfe jumped into action, entering and before the man even realized, Wolfe was behind him with the knife against his throat. He walked the guy in, and motioned toward a camera for us to come out. We did.
Wolfe began tying him up to a chair, and Wesley took the box.