Chapter 7

Happy new years!

————————————————————————

Wesley drove us back to the hotel, and he walked me up to my room.
I stopped when we got to my door. "What happened to Blondie? Haven't seen her around lately."
That was true. The night I hurt myself and destroyed my entire room- which had been fixed- Wesley threatened to shoot her dead and she ran out of the room in nothing but a towel. Hadn't seen her since.

"Broke things off," he replied, much to my surprise. According to his mother, they'd been together for almost two years.
"I never told my family, but I never really loved her. The sex was good, and she was loyal to me. So I thought, why not keep her around? 'She's been expecting a proposal', my mother told me." Then he laughed, "She was never going to get one."

"How'd she react?"

"As you'd expect," he sighed. "Had a mental breakdown, even threatened to overdose or kill my family. She threatened to kill you."

"What?" I asked, my eyes wide. "Why- why would she want to do that?"

"Relax, Terra. I took care of it. She won't harm you at all. I had her placed in a psych ward, trust me, she's not getting out of there any time soon."

"But solitary confinement drives people insane," I said. "Why would you do that to a person?"

He took a step closer to me, and I didn't find any fear in it. He seemed completely non-threatening. Like he wasn't the most dangerous man in the country.
"Whether she meant it or not, she said she'd hurt you. I wasn't going to take that chance."

"Will she ever be released?" I asked in a low voice. I felt bad for her, I really did. She may be a little loca but she didn't deserve that. Though I felt myself getting butterflies at the thought that my life was that important to him.

"That depends, will she ever get better? Goodnight, Terra."
He smiled softly and then retreated down the hall to his own room.

I entered mine, and sighed as I shut the door. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and jumped.
"Jesus Christ, you've got to stop doing that."

"Sorry," that familiar accent said. "I don't mean to scare you."

"Well, when you're lurking around my room and I return to a person standing in here, my first thought is, lord there's a murderer in here or it's my father. And then my impression of you, Mr. Shaw, is that you're a stalker."

Castiel laughed. "I'm an ex-hitman, Terra. Of course I have the skills of stalking, which is why I'm able to get in here constantly without you knowing at all. However, I don't stalk you. Not unless I need to."

"You know," I said, crossing my arms with a malicious smile. "Your sarcasm is greatly appreciated and enjoyable. I think you won't be such a pain in the ass after all."

"I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult."

"Both."
I told Castiel goodnight, and he did leave the room. Even though he's my bodyguard and can't 'be more than ten feet from me' he certainly seems to do an awful lot of breaking that rule. And Wesley doesn't even chastise him for it. Not that I mind, I don't want him constantly hovering over me anyway.

The following day went by quickly, which only shortened but amplified my anxiety towards my upcoming wedding that will be taking place in less than twenty-four hours.
Nothing really happened that day besides a little heart-to-heart sit-down with my father.

"My daughter," he greeted without a hint of emotion. He put his hands together and rested them on the table of the expensive restaurant we were in- that we both knew belonged to Wesley. There were men in every corner of the room and one by the door, not to mention my favorite man, Castiel, sitting in the booth right behind my father and sending glares at the back of his head.