Chapter 9

My dog woke me up at 8:30 barking at the neighbors dog. Fml

————————————————————————

"W-what?" Jacob choked. He looked between the other three guys in the rooms as if asking them if this may be a joke.

"It's not," I replied to him. I looked back at Wesley.
"I'm serious."

Wesley sat up quickly. "Terra, do you understand what you just asked of me?"
Entirely? No. But I wasn't going to tell him that.

"I do."

"I don't think so," he responded.

"You've never even shot a gun in your life," Jacob squeaked. The high tone of his voice was like screeching, I wanted to laugh but didn't.

"Not true," I argued. "Thirteen years old, Mrs. Webster, the old next door neighbor."
Christian, Wesley, and Castiel looked at me like I was some unnatural creature that just killed their childhood pet.

"That doesn't count," Jacob groaned.

"I shot her, didn't I?"

"Yes but-"

"Look, this is what I want so either let me or don't and I'll go find some other way to achieve my goal."
Castiel sighed, and the three guys kept looking at each other. Jacob, who was still shocked by my request, looked at their thoughtful faces.

"You can't seriously let her do this!"

"It's what she wants," Wesley responded bluntly. "I can't deny her, especially when I've let others join regardless of gender, race, or appearance."

I sat back, crossing my arms in contentment. Christian turned his head to me.
"You're going to have to undergo severe training."

"I trust the three of you."

Castiel sighed again, "Well then, that was unexpected."

Wesley chuckled. "Yes it was." He turned to me, "What made you want to do this?"

"Well.. kind of my father." Jacob put his madness away and listened intently.
"I've never fought anyone, I don't know if I have the skills for it. And I need to learn how."

"Why? He's not coming for you. And even if he did, that's what Castiel and I are for," Christian replied.

"Thats not good enough. I need to be able to take him down myself.. because I'm going to kill him."

Jacob, once again, had surprise written all over his face. It then turned to an expression of determination.
"Then I'm joining to. I won't let you do something so dangerous without me being there to protect you. I'm your older brother, I have a job."

"Terra, he's already left the country. He won't come back to get you," Wesley said.

"Again, that's not enough. I want him to pay for every single scar on my back. For every tear that has rolled down my cheek afterwards. Every single thing he has done for the last twenty years. He's going to pay for it all."
I knew Christian, Wesley and Castiel were reluctant. I may not know everything they do in their line of work, but I know it's dangerous. Extremely. And for some odd reason, that excites me.

"Good enough for me," Wesley said. "Terra, I want to speak to you for a minute."
I followed him around the staircase and down the short hall into the kitchen.

"Yes?" I stood near the wall and he leaned against the island in the middle of the room. When he stood up straight again, I saw the mental chaos in his mind once more.
I crossed my arms, waiting patiently for him to speak.