Chapter 16

I got honor society, and for the first time in a while I feel proud of myself. I also got a truck, which is another thing I'm happy about.
How are you?

————————————————————————

My eyes fluttered open. I was in a dark room, no windows, a steel door, and a cold concrete floor. The least my father could do was have a heater. The only light was a small rectangle on the door, which had no handle on my side.
I tried to think in my head. I wanted to text Wesley-since my phone hadn't been taken considering it was in my bra- but there might be cameras. Then I thought, well why would there be cameras if the room was nearly pitch black? Then I realized; night vision. So until I got more light in here, I was at a standstill.

The opening of the heavy door worsened my headache that was most likely from being hit unconscious. When I find out who did that, I'm going to return the favor.
I was relieved when light filled every corner of the room, no camera in sight. My father, in all his egotistical pride and glory, walked in with a smirk on his wrinkly face.

"Comfortable?" He asked, a large muscly guy came in behind him scraping a metal chair in for my father.

"Like memory foam."

He chuckled. "Wesley probably thinks you're taking some time right now, but it won't be long before he's tearing down all of New York; all three of your men."

"What can I say? I'm very desirable."

He straightened, "I had no interest in things going to such... extremes. My plan was simple: eliminate you. And I even got lucky; Wesley, Christian, and your bodyguard were all in that car."

"But so was Jacob."

He nodded. "So was Jacob. Don't even get me started on what would've happened if Tessa had been in the car. You'd be tortured so much, you'd beg me to kill you."

"I'm not going to bow to you, Leo. I don't know what you think you're gaining, taking me out. It will only make your meeting with Wesley that much more consequential for you."

"I'm not scared of Wesley. I have an entire cartel at my disposal, ready to take care of the New York mafia whenever I want. Also have a tiny surprise for your lover."
The most gut-wrenching garbage walked right into my holding cell.

"That?!" I exclaimed. Her face burned red; that squeaky, bright pink, bleach blonde of a whore.
"Show some respect," she rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, no can do, Barbie."
"My name is Taylor Lincoln. Get it right."
I laughed hysterically. "You have a fake ring on your slutty little finger. You're nowhere near a Lincoln. Have you seen you?"
"Who's in the cell bitch?"

"Enough," my father said, ensuing silence. I didn't know what she was playing here, but I had to tell Wesley.
"We'll come get started soon. For now," he now stood in the doorway, "lights out." And once again, it was dark with only that sliver of light.

I reached into my bra and pulled out my phone, making sure it was on silent so if it went off, no one heard.
I'm so sorry for running off. I was just so angry that we were sitting on our asses. I don't have time for a heartfelt apology, I've been kidnapped by Leo and Taylor's working with him.

I got a reply instantly. I don't care, I get it. I will rain hell on anyone who stands between us and you. I'm coming, Terra. I love you.

I love you, too, I wrote back.

A third message came through, but not from Wesley. It was Castiel.
You're not safe, but I'm glad you're still alive. Wolfe is trying to hack into their systems as I type. I'm so sorry I didn't go with you.