25: The Hermit Christmas Play

This is 5700 words long...

Merry Christmas!

Joe's heart raced more than the actors' as he waited for the play to start. As Grian had decreed, he'd be 'arriving' with the other guests, and was in the foyer, by the fire, holding the introduction book with everyone's parts in it, and a box of Scarland popcorn, reading as he tried to settle his nerves that they were going to watch a painfully long time of Hermits missing cues and messing around.

Inthelittlewood joined the game

Joe looked over, surprised, at the first guest to the play, then gave a smile.

'Hey, Martyn.'

'You're confident... no last minute rehearsal panic?'

'Grian forced me to give up the director's script and let him handle everything...'

'Brave.'

'You don't even want to know how brave... we didn't even get halfway through the dress rehearsal.' He refused to give the reason. 

'More like a stressed rehearsal if you ask me...' Joe looked over sharply, before realising he wasn't trying to reference the Stress rehearsal. 

'In more ways than one...' He laughed.

Tubbo joined the game

WilburSoot joined the game

Tommyinnit joined the game

Ranboo joined the game

Dream joined the game

Fundy joined the game

Ph1lZa joined the game

'We heard there was another play.' Tommy started. 'So we came to watch it.'

'There might be... rehearsals got very chaotic...'

'Joe was just telling me about the stressed rehearsal.' Martyn joked. Soon a large crowd of people was gathered, including the entire Empires SMP, BigB, Skizz, Hbomb, Fruity and Pete.

Grian: it's time

Grian: Bring forth the audience

'Oooohh, baby, it's showtime!' Sausage gasped, as the doors to the entrance room were opened and the audience was faced with a winter wonderland. 

Snow, Christmas trees, an igloo, Cleo's gruesome armour stand scene... the path wound through Scar's expert terraforming, all the way to the stage, with a large 'curtain' of red concrete powder in front of it and piles of snow blocking off the wings, from beyond the sound of apprehensive hermits could be heard... the many guests took their seats, with Joe quickly noticing a larger seat for himself at the front, labelled with a sign

We're sorry for messing around

You're a great director

Merry Christmas

Joe smiled, and sat down on it. A lot of curious excitement filled the audience. Tommy and Wilbur had noticed Grian's role and were discussing what powers he'd have. 

Until it was suddenly night time. Everyone looked to the stage as Etho waddled to the front.

'Welcome to the Hermit Christmas Play!' He began. Instant applause, just at his costume. 'No looking at or using chat during the play, and no joining in because whoever has the script plays the role, and none of you have scripts. So, without further ado, let us begin!' He waddled offstage again, and the 'curtain' fell, revealing the lit stage, where the 5 villagers were showing off their best acting skills. Beef and Hypno were having an argument about royal emeralds, Gem and False discussed Empires, and then Rendolf and Pearlie burst into view to even more applause.