Chapter 2

Before
15/07/2020

Suddenly he was pursuing after the girl, unaware of her name or class. His legs seemed to be separately gasping for air, mind tired but his heart – that small yet strong muscle was racing, it was racing so swiftly that his legs and his heart seemed to have a competition of their own. Finally the silhouette of the girl became clearer and he stretched his arms and caught her shoulder. He was heaving and had squatted on the floor, he had expected his hands to drop as well, but they hadn't. To his delighted surprise she had also squatted down, to his eye level, confusion written in her eyes but the smile not leaving her face.

"Are you alright?" her seraphic voice poured.

"Seems to be." the other girl had answered. "Let's go, we will be late."

"I'll be there, go ahead Ayla." her voice travelled.

The girl pouted and then glared at him and left.

"As she said, I seem to be." he answered, staring at her.

The girl then placed her hand on top of his that was still holding her shoulder and took it, slowly placing it on his lap. "I am glad, come back for me after you have caught on your breath." she smiled jokingly this time.

He had been right. She was dazzling. An art he so desperately wanted to complete.

Before she could leave out of ear shot he raved, "YOU LOOK LIKE A CLOUDED MOON, MISS!"

She turned around, flustered. Every emotion reflected honestly on her face. "Class 11 C, if you need me, mister." was all she answered with emphasis to 'mister'. She turned back and ambled away.

'Dear me, she looks marvellous just walking away.'