Chapter 28

Before

14/07/2026

That was the most difficult week the two of them had to face together yet separately. Akir with Caspian still healing from the sudden visit of his parents and from everything. He always escaped. Ran away. What else could he do? He was just a kid.

Halcyone on the other hand was worsening. She couldn't bear staying away from Akir. She couldn't forget that petrified, trembling and painful Akir. She had never seen that side of him. He had only ever smiled, laughed or made her laugh.

She wanted to go visit him as soon as possible. She could feel her heart aching. Staying away from him didn't heal her, for all she did was fall harder for him. She would rather stare at him and have her condition worsened.

To heal properly Akir had to go see a therapist, someone who could actually let him heal and pave his way for him to come out of the spirals. Only suppressing wouldn't help, he had to express and heal.

"Hi Hal. I am finally planning on going for therapy. It will take a while, 6 months to a year. Are you willing to wait for me again?" Akir had spoken on the receiver only to hear the phone call being cut without a reply from the other end.

He was scared that she had finally given up on him. He had frantically called over Caspian. He was having a panic attack.

"She...she will... leave me." he said.

"What will..I do?" he freaked out.

"She would never. Have some faith in her Akir. She was the moon that shone the brightest in your dark nights. Don't lose that light just because the moon hid for a day. The moon always comes back." Just as Caspian had said that the door bursts open.

"Akir! My dear Akir! Is that even a question? For you I'd wait through all the seasons, all the disasters, all the pains if it meant you will come back to me smiling, calling me out when you are at the door. I will be as patient as possible with my wait if that's how I need to show you how dearly I love you."

She had said them. Not on paper, not when he was asleep or when he was away. She had finally said it to him. Something he wanted to so desperately hear. Something that left him anxious during this time.

His face emitted the most beautiful smile before his eyes closed and he slumped into Caspian's arms, his whole body had relaxed.