Chapter 13

Before
20/11/2022

"...Now I pronounce you husband and wife."

Everyone attending the wedding cheered. Halcyone was delighted for her best friends. Yet her eyes were searching the sea green only to find them searching her violet too. They locked their gaze and only kept staring at each other. It had been over 8 months, the longest they have ever been apart. Their gaze seemed to speak it all. They missed each other to the bone and only realised it after having seen each other. How deprived they had been, merely holding on to the hope of a year.

She saw him walking towards her, but that wasn't it at all. She was gliding towards him too. She felt herself rush for if she didn't he might slip from her grasp, suddenly vanish...move away.

The next minute they were hugging and then crying. Holding on to each other desperately. Neither of them wanted to let go of the other.

"How are you?" He breathed

"Not okay. At least until I realised how much I missed you." She answered, equally breathy.

He laughed at that. Fished into his pocket and pulled out a key. He then carefully placed it in her palm.

"Sorry it took a long time. Less than a year, more than half."

She couldn't help herself but break into a tearful smile.

"You are early. That's all that matters. I have missed calling you, Orson."

He smiled warmly and then with trembling hands cupped her soft cheeks, he leaned in and she did too. She didn't care if he kissed her. She understood the agony and now wanted him.

Akir at the last minute won a battle with his inner desires and shifted his lips and pecked her on the forehead.

"I have missed every bit of you, Fawn."