Chapter 14

Before
03/02/2023

Halcyone and Akir met each other more often after their best friends' wedding. They went to floral shoppings, learnt new names of flowers and their meaning. They went to book cafes and once in a while to the movies. They both knew to themselves that during the 8 months gap that they hadn't seen each other they were miserable. They could never fully open up or smile. They felt alive in each other's presence. They felt more like themselves around one another.

"One month" Halcyone mentioned.

Akir nodded. They both knew he had the studio ready, they could have moved in then itself, but they decided on waiting until the one year date closed in.

Akir kissed her on the forehead before leaving.

"Orson!" She called out. He turned.

"...." She was silent for a while, unaware of why she had called him or why he even turned. She hated the fact that she struggled to call him by his name and she hated it more that he only ever smiled fondly when she did. "Why did you turn?" She felt hot tears roll down her cheek.

She watched as the tears hit the ground. Her vision got blurry.

"I turned because it's you." she heard him say as he cupped her face. "I will always turn when it's you, Ci."

"When you call me by my family name I know only you will ever call me that, because only you ever did. It is special to me. Know that my name is not what is special, it is who calls me that makes it special."

She felt more tears pouring down her eyes, because he always knew what bothered her. She knew that she should control her feelings to be with him longer, but he made that simple task so hard.

After 11 months she finally felt that same sharp pain as she did when she almost confessed to Ayla. The pain this time only intensified. She felt her heart contract, as if her body was on fire. This happened, for the first time, almost 2 years ago. The darkness crept in as she slumped into Akir's arms.

This time the pain didn't feel painful, it felt blissful.

She felt more confident with herself and her love. She wanted to love him more boldly.

"Wait for me Akir, I will be able to say it. Admit it just as assuredly. You aren't the only one who loves me unconditionally. I do too."