Chapter 10

Before
06/03/2022

The last exam. This was the day Akir had decided to speak his mind.

"Ci, I have something I'd like to discuss. More like get out of my chest."

She knew what it was going to be, yet she asked, "What is it, Orson?"

She still hadn't given up on calling him by his last name. She just felt safe. He didn't mind. Both their hearts were racing, maybe for different reasons or maybe for the same.

"Give me one year." he confidently stated.

"What?" Halcyone retorted, confused.

"I will study and work. I will save up enough money at least to buy a small studio. I am only requesting for a year." he explained.

She didn't know what to say. Her face burnt a bright red. Her skin had now become much paler than before. When Akir had seen her through the window and thought she had gone a ghostly shade it seemed an exaggerated comment compared to now.

"....You....are the worst." she slightly punched him on the chest as her head hung low. Her soft mauve hair brushing his shirt. She had expected him to selfishly confess. She had been looking for a reason to back away, save him from this short ended stick he was receiving for his unconditional love.

"Is that a no?" he questioned, pushing her hair away and lifting her face by the chin. He looked straight into her violet eyes.

She shook her head no and then nodded. "One year. That is all you get Orson."

He smiled and then she followed.

They both now knew, they never had to confess to know.

They loved each other. In an unbearable amount. That they knew will hurt an unbearable amount, when the time comes.