Chapter 6

Before
25/07/2021

Before they knew it they had started spending more time together. Akir and Halcyone were well known in school and had even been voted as the best couple (even though they weren't).

"Best couple even though you guys aren't dating?" Caspian whined. Joining them in the library.

"Shut up and go be lovey-dovey with your girlfriend Casp." Akir shooed him away.

"It's been a year you know? You guys are the best of friends and have feelings for each other, and don't even deny it. I don't understand why you guys aren't making it official." Caspian asked.

For this, first he got bonked on the head by his girlfriend and two, for the first time saw the saddest expression on Halcyone's face. He never knew anyone or anything could look this sad. It felt like her pained face was breaking his heart. Unconsciously he leaned forward and took her hands in his, clasping them, radiating warmth. "I am sorry if I said something insensitive." He smiled at her bitterly.

The friendship the four shared had also not gone unnoticed. They were all each other's soulmates and deeply loved one another. The love might be different for each one, but that wasn't a good enough reason to ignore it. Ayla and Halcyone, Akir and Caspian, Ayla and Caspian, Akir and Halcyone, Caspian and Halcyone and finally Akir and Ayla. All these combinations only screamed soulmates. They were closely knit to one another. A few combinations described a beautiful form of love called friendship and the other a powerful form of love called passionate fondness, the romantic kind.

"No, not at all dear." she spoke. "It's just...." Before she could complete she looked towards Akir and they both nodded.

"It's called 'Amare'." Halcyone started.