Chapter 26

Before
06/07/2026

"Hello? How may I help you?" Halcyone answered the door, to only be greeted by strangely resembling people.

"Is Akir home?" The lady said as she pushed past Halcyone and entered the house. The man followed, shortly after.

"..No. He will be back later in the evening." she answered, finally realising who they were. "Would you like some tea as you wait?"

"Alright."

As she was making the tea, her phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hi! What are you up to?" It was Caspian.

"Nothing. Making tea for Akir's parents." She casually answered.

"Akir's parents?" Caspian sounded shocked and scared at the same time. "What are you talking about, Halcyone? I don't know how much you know, but please GET AWAY FROM THEM AND DEFINITELY KEEP THEM OUT OF AKIR'S SIGHT AND REACH. PROTECT AKIR. CALL THE COPS."

As he yelled the last part, he cut the call. She didn't know what he meant, but the urgency in his voice was enough for her to know it wasn't anything good.

She placed the phone back in her pocket and then prepared the tea, but only it wasn't normal tea. It was rosary pea tea. She had grounded the seeds and even added a leaf, to make sure that the people being served pass out.

"Here is some herbal tea. I am practising botany, so I usually like making different kinds of tea." Halcyone smiled as honestly as possible as she served the tea.

The two drank the tea without complaints or compliments.

Usually it takes a while for it to take effect, but that's why she had added a little more, just hoping it would knock them out sooner, praying that age played a factor.

Luckily it did, after an hour the two started feeling drowsy, with bad nauseated feelings.

"You....you brat, did some..thing.." was all the lady could say before they both knocked out.

Halycone took a deep breath and then brought out ropes that she used to erect her plant's positions. She tied the two up as tightly as possible and had a rolling pin in her hand, just in case.

She sat far away from them, but not too far. One hand ready to attack and the other near her lips. Her eyes were wandering at the clock and the main door. After some dreadful waiting, the door finally clicked open.