Chapter 17

Before
14/10/2023

"I missed you so much." Ayla cried, finally seeing Akir and Halcyone together.

"My brother. Shameless bastard." Caspian welcomed Akir. "And his beautiful forbidden princess." He welcomed Halcyone.

Akir glared at him but his wife pulled him to his seat by his ears.

"Ouch ouch....stop..." He yelped.

Halcyone only giggled at his never changing bubbly personality. He never looked at her differently due to her disease and she never minded being treated normally.

The four of them never felt distant even after meeting after a long time. They smiled, laughed and joked about their younger days and had a good time together.

The day ended as the sun set and their dessert plates were empty.

Each put on their coats as the weather got a bit chilly.

As they went their separate ways Halcyone felt another pang of heat forcefully burn her body as she stumbled forward. Akir held her and supported her. She felt weak, but didn't lose consciousness. She slowly could control her fainting spells, but both of them knew about her dimming hair colour. From her mauve shade the colour lightened to thistle.

They both knew.

"This will have an end, and end neither wanted."