Chapter 16

Before
09/07/2023

Soon the two of them would paint together in the studio. He would learn different names of plants, leaves, flowers and what not. They both studied together, created together and learnt together. This was his idea of being busy together.

He was studying medicine. He had his own studying to do, but he never let that hinder his time spent with her. It wasn't a burden, but a break. He felt well rested when he was with her. He felt calm yet energised. He did most of his studying in University itself. He was a quick learner but that wasn't enough. He'd study and make notes during his uni hours as much as possible.

Halcyone noticed that Akir was doing his very best to spend time with her and his studies. She wasn't blind and this one sided effort was definitely not what she wanted.

"I'm back."

She welcomed him.

"So what's for today?" He asked.

"You time." she simply said.

He looked at her a bit confused. She only smiled and then got up.

She came back with a few books and they weren't books about botany or modern art, they were books on medicine. She had been studying them because they had page markers on them.

"I didn't understand much, but I do have a vague idea. Care to explain? Clear my doubts perhaps?" she grinned.

He only blushed, maybe for the first time in front of her as he nodded and scooted his chair closer to hers.

Halcyone on the other hand was over the moon at the shy sight of him. She never felt another man look so beautiful with a hint of crimson.