Chapter 9

Before
13/01/2022

The exam season had neared, the two of them still loved one another. At this point no one dared to ask either out. Even if they hadn't asked each other out. It was an unspoken fact.

The four knew. She knew. Avoiding this was only leading to lost time, but it gave her so much satisfaction to know or at least believe that she will be able to be with him longer if she didn't confess or admit to her feelings openly or loudly.

Akir seemed to respect that. He continued to love her. He knew he could never not love her now. He could never not love her ever. He just continued to stay by her side, do what she wanted and just enjoy that.

That was until....

"Ci!" Akir's voice seemed to fade as he called her. Her vision blurred and her ears rang. "Stay with me! You hear me? Stay with me." his voice said, far away. She tried hard to follow the voice, but darkness seemed to have won this fight.

She blinked a few times to understand where she was. "Hospital." she thought.

The sliding door opened and she saw her brother, Xavier.

"Mum and dad are out, talking with the doctors. The boy is also there." he answered her before the question.

"Akir...." She called out, before the lights dimmed out again.