Chapter 4

Before
07/03/2021

They had known each other for almost 7 months now. Each of them stealing as many glances. Akir was rather open with his feelings now. She was aware but deliberately ignored them. Akir never understood why. He knew she enjoyed his company. He had even wondered if she wanted him to be more honest and blunt.

Caspian had pushed him and asked him to go for it. Ayla had also pressed on the fact that in recent times it was better if the girl asked first. This hadn't ended well. Ayla was shocked at how stiff Halcyone had become on hearing the idea of asking Akir out. It was the most painful expression Ayla had ever seen Halcyone wear. She was sure it wasn't disinterest but it wasn't a yes either.

"Cyone?" she had called after her. "Was I pushing too much?"

"Oh, no...not at all." she had affirmed.

"Do you not fancy him?" She carefully placed the question.

"Of course I fancy him. I fancy him so much that it hurts. If it will ever be someone, it will be h-" before Halcyone could complete the sentence she felt a sharp pain shoot up her body. It was agonising. She had clenched her heart as she dropped on her knees.

"CYONE-" Ayla ran.

Before either of them could complete their sentences Halcyone had lost consciousness.