Chapter 7

Before
30/09/2021

".....Yes. I found it" Caspian said, wobbling along the ladder as he pulled out an old book from his library.

The three others had circled around a table.

Caspian dropped the book on the table and sighed.

"This has all the ancient myths, maybe we can find yours?" He said.

Halcyone's eyes teared, she never had anyone put any sort of effort for her. Ever since she mentioned her condition to Akir, he had been looking for solutions and trying to find more information regarding the disease. It was a rare disease, so rare that it was considered a myth. Like those that scare young ones to go to bed early, this tale was used to stop kids from falling in love at the wrong time and age resulting in sex due to mere curiosity. Halcyone was shocked at the positive response from him. She had expected Akir to pull away the minute he heard. To say how stupid the idea was. To not believe her. All he did was hug her tighter and whisper, "That is not going to stop me from loving you. It is only wanting me to love you harder. So that you can only remember the best memories and always smile."

Now after she had confessed to Ayla and Caspian, neither looked at her with pity gaze or disbelief, only determination. They were determined to learn more and find a cure. The disease never mentioned what kind of a love might lead to her demise or if she would even die and how quickly. She didn't know if it was her growing love that would lead to her quietus or theirs.

She wiped the tears away and nodded.

They flipped through pages for hours. The book seemed never ending. Finally as they neared the end, with a few hundred pages remaining they reached, 'Amare'.