1. The heir.

Agastya Malik. The name itself was enough to get the imperial ladies blushing. His aura, looks, witty nature and playful self were the most admirable features amongst many others. Besides being the handsome young man he was, his rebellious nature and able administration was also the cause of him being the talk of the place. 

The heir was decided by a battle among the princes and various other challenges which tested their ability. The strongest and wisest among everyone was selected to be the next king and current heir.

Agastya had beaten all of his brothers to the throne. The nobles and the courtiers remained highly impressed by him. It was almost unreal. Among all these, which made it real, was his one imperfection, which sometimes proved beneficial but had the potential to lead to destruction. It was his stubbornness. If he wanted something he would have it, either by hook or crook. No amount of denials could restrain him from doing what he wanted. Restrictions were not to be implied on him. 

Sometimes it annoyed the courtiers, but sometimes it used to be beneficial in gaining things. 

***********************

"Agastya, it's dangerous. Think twice." ......Anuj warned his brother. 

Agastya smirked at him and lounged forward. His confidence came into the scene yet again. 

His brothers had challenged him to hunt down a tiger which was only found on the borders of the Malik Empire. The borders were lined by huge, green mountains. The  forests were equally dangerous as they housed deadly varieties of wild beasts. The special striped tiger was only found on the northern mountain borders. 

Right after the jungles, the beautiful village of Sikri came into view. It was the smallest village situated on the outskirts of the Shah Kingdom.  It was out of the borders of the kingdom but a nearly unknown part of it. 

Anuj, his closest and most loving brother, was worried. He warned Agastya repeatedly but he was stubborn. 

"So it's final. Assemble at the palace gate tomorrow. We shall start our journey together."....said Akshat with a provocative smirk. Agastya smirked back at him, showing that the challenge was accepted. 

Anuj stood dumbfounded as Agastya paid no heed to his advice. 

"You should at least acknowledge my existence, you imbecile"....whined Anuj as he had no choice but to follow Agastya. 

********************************

Early in the morning they started their journey towards the northern borders. Anuj, Agastya, Akshat, Sriyansh and Mayank were followed by a dozen imperial armies. 

As they got closer to the jungle, the blanket of trees surrounding them started getting denser. Shuffling sounds could be heard here and there. 

" It's still not late. Let's go back. Why won't you guys listen to me. " …said a trembling Anuj. 

Nobody paid heed to his words as he started whining. 

" Rajkumar, alert! The shuffling is louder here. ".......the chief commander alerted Agastya. The army surrounded the prince at once. 

Agastya rolled his eyes. 

" Ah! Let me just handle it. I'm not a baby for god's sake." …he let out. 

"Rajkumar. I'm sorry but we've been ordered to bring you back safely." ..said the chief commander. 

" And it's my order to leave me alone. You cannot go against your upcoming king. Now, can you ? " …. Agastya smirked. 

The chief could do nothing but leave Agastya on his own. 

" I'll handle it from here. You guys just wait here. " …..he urged the horse to move forward as he disappeared into the dark. 

" Agastya! Agastya!!!! Wait up you little piece of shi- …..youuu!" Anuj screamed behind him as he was ignored. 

" Just give up, little brother. You know nobody can stop him if he decides on something. Let's just hope for the best. " ….. Mayank patted Anuj.

***********"*****************************

Agastya stopped his horse as he looked around himself. Dark forest all around. Suddenly he realised the sound of something. Oh yes! Water flowing down. Right ! It's a waterfall. He turned towards where the sound was coming from and went further. 

And there it was! A waterfall. If heaven was to be found anywhere on earth, it was here and here only. The birds chirped as the shuffling leaves of trees added to the tune. The clean and clear water was almost like a mirror. 

He got down from his horse and went closer to the river. How come he never knew of such a place being in his own empire. Shame on him! 

He remained spell bound by the Beauty of the place. Suddenly, there was a shuffling in the bushes across the river. Agastya cautiously went towards the nearby bushes and hid himself.

He was high on anticipation. Maybe this was it ! Maybe it's the one thing he had come here for. He gripped on his sword and stood in a defensive position. 

And suddenly…………………..

******""*"""*************************************

So hey guys! I hope you've enjoyed reading my work so far. Stay tuned to know what happened next. 

                                          ~ your author 🌚❤️