23. A danger to the kingdom.

Dangers are accustomed to not alerting us of their advancements in our paths. However, certain risks lurk in the dark corners all along while we pursue our aspirations. So much so, we fail to notice them even when they are exposed to our vision all the while.

Eventually, they make an entrance. That would be wrong perhaps, how could something which has always been there make an 'entrance ' ?

Therefore, the more appropriate way to address the same would be :-

" The dangers align themselves within the time frame destined for them. Eventually , they would surface, emerging from the depths of familiar darkness. They are inevitable, and some of them transcend human understanding. However, that doesn't intercept their way. " ........the priest spoke.

Seated in front of him was the rajvansh with their sole heir.

" गुरूजी, हमारा मार्ग दर्शन करें. इस मुश्किल से हमे कैसे मुक्ति प्राप्त होगी? " .

.....the queen mother joined her palms as she desperately seeked refuge from a potentially impending disaster.

" समय के साथ समझौता भला कौन कर सकता हैं. " ....the sage paused, briefly glancing at the far building on the eastern side, casting a fleeting glance upon the presence at the window.

She was looking out into the garden, still as a piece of decoration placed in a surrounding where it didn't fit.

The queen followed the sage's glance and her own eyes settled on the girl.

Her brows creased as her face held a confused look.

" वह लड़की,.... कौन हैं वो?" .....he focused his glance on her.

" आधृत की मंगेतर...... भविष्यवाणी को नजर मैं रखते हुए आपके स्वर्गीय पिताजी ने हमें यह उपाय बताया " .....she said, as the girl soon disappeared into the room.

" पिताजी ने?" ...the sage asked again, this time with a slightly shocked expression taking over his countenance.

He was answered with a brief, fumbled nod from the lady in front of him.
He took a brief glance at Aadhrit who seemed lost in some other realm altogether.

The priest closed his eyes, letting himself be immersed in the silent chants mumbled by his helpers and students in the background. The orangish hue of the fire in front of him warmed his face, and the flames consumed the woods slowly.

He extended his hands slowly towards one of his helpers, almost unnoticeable. However, the helper was alert enough to receive even a slight change in his surroundings, as he placed some carefully chosen herbs on the priest's palm. To this, the priest chanted a hymn and soon threw the herbs into the hungry flames. A spark erupted and travelled a few centimeters in air before dissipating in the medium.

"The time is not favorable for rajvansh. There's something impending. Something unsettling." ......The priest conveyed as a drop of cold sweat trickled down his forehead.

An uneasy expression covered the queen's face and the family behind her, wasn't any different.

" क्या इसका कोई उपाय नहीं, गुरूजी? ".......the oldest member, the great queen mother and the heir's grandmother said. Fear gave some eloquence to her usually nonchalant tone.

" I'll have to rethink it and take it over with the other disciples. As for my father, I'm sure there had been some well-defined intend on choosing the particular woman to grace the throne alongside royal blood." .....the priest elaborated, although specks of unjustified doubts were exposed through his unstable countenance.