18. A needed heart to heart.

Ruh fed the pet cats as she patted them on their heads. She chose the pond side for that particular task which was empty as of now. The cats fed on their food, not caring about the world. She patted them as she looked at her reflection in the water, as she sat just beside the banks.

A sudden cool breeze brushed her skin softly; as she closed her eyes letting herself feel the softness fully. This was probably her last few moments here.

She would go home tomorrow, and then a completely different world the day after. The Rajvanshi Empire would be welcoming her, for she was to be married to their prince. At least, that was what she thought as of now.

She was unaware of the presence currently behind her just as much as she was unaware of the presence of the same person in her life, in her stars, in her fate. She couldn't have cared less about anyone coming out here, as the court was on full fledge governing over all the provincial matters. Even the queen and other members were a part of the court today. She took it for granted, thinking she would be all alone feeding the pets, and being with herself and her feelings peacefully for once.

Nevertheless, things were set to take a turn.

Her hair was tied into a loose bun, but she felt it loosen further and come down on her back, eventually flowing all over her back and neck.

She turned around suddenly to see the very man, standing with her hair tie wrapped around his wrist, almost like a bracelet which he could wear proudly for the rest of his life.

She didn't even get surprised now seeing him lurking around her like a shadow. She kept her face indifferent and turned back to look at the waters again.

"So this is how I get treated? Like I'm a no one?"...he said as he came closer, tangling her hair in his own fingers, feeling their softness.

She looked at him once, expressions unchanging and again turned back to her previous position to which she earned a chuckle.

"You realise that you cannot lurk around me anymore starting tomorrow? Therefore, give up."....she said slowly, with melancholy colouring her voice.

He looked down and smirked slowly.

"Right. I probably should."

Her lips parted as she turned to look at him slowly, raising her eyebrows.

"You'll give up? Just like that?".....she said in a single breath.

This time, the man couldn't control his laugh as a low chuckle escaped him.

If only she knew, that he would give up on his life and still won't give up on her. That attaining her was his only aim in life now. That even if he forced himself now, he couldn't give up, not with his heart beating for her, not with his existence depending on her.

Only if she knew that every second he spent away from her drove him crazy, almost driving him to insanity and there was no alternative to her for him. No other thing that held the power to make him or break him.

"toh aap yahi humare paas reh jaiye. Taaki hum humesha yuhi aapka peecha karte rahe."...he said slowly, voicing his true needs to her for once. Now it all depended on her response.

As she looked towards the pond again, his eyes fixed themselves on her profile.

"itna pyaar kyu hai humse aapko?"......she asked suddenly, out of the blue. Nevertheless, it seemed that all of these answers were already known to the man and nothing would leave him speechless now. He had the answer for each of those questions now.

"Kabhi humari nazaar se khudko dekh liya, toh apne aapko kho baithengi. Itni himmat bhi nahi hogi ki dobaara dekh paaye."

....he said slowly, calmly, daringly this time.