25. The Invitation

Prince's chamber ( rajvanshi empire )

Neutral pov:

" Go on. "

The attendant shivered unnoticeably as he opened the scroll. He looked at the prince and nodded once, bowing before he started with the scroll.

" To Aadhrit Singh rajvanshi,
Greetings from Malik Empire. We are delighted to inform you about the crowning of our 100th monarch. We cordially invite you to join the ceremony and hope to strengthen our relations through the same. We look forward to your presence at the ceremony.
(Royal seal)
Malik Empire "

" The date ? " ,.......the question was briefly muttered.

The attendant scrambled through the scroll in his hand out of panic for a second before he finally got hold of the date and timings at the end of the letter. He read out the same as quickly as he could.

Aadhrit nodded shortly after.

" You may leave. Also, inform the royal advisor to meet me here. Now. " ......The urgency was emphasised by the last word.

The attendant nodded, and bowed before he took his leave through the door.

A few minutes later, a brief knock at the door interrupted the man's chain of thoughts as he looked up to see the royal advisor at the threshold, waiting upon his permission.

" Nishith. Come in. Close the door behind you, we've quite a job to work out here. " ....aadhrit smiled at him.

They were friends, good friends. Nishith, though young, was chosen as the advisor for the royal household owing to his exceptional negotiation skills. He could somehow see a way where everyone saw walls.

He had proven himself multiple times, displaying his amazing skills at problem solving and cool-mindedness.

He was much liked by aadhrit. One principal reason, as everyone would guess, was that they belonged to the same age group which enhanced bonding opportunities for them. But really, aadhrit was drawn towards nishith for his logical side. Nishith, on the other hand, liked Aadhrit's practicality and discipline.

Owing to all of these reasons of big and little consequence, they became friends in a very short span of time. As far as the kingdom was concerned, it was always good if the monarch bonds well with his council.

Nishith smiled back at aadhrit as he went towards the couch, closing the door behind him.

" As you command, Maharaj. " ........his eyes held humbleness and innocence. He was always polite, regardless of the situation.

Everyone in the kingdom somehow grew fond of him. His eyes held that boyish charm. As if maturity hadn't hit him just yet.

If they hadn't known any better, the people in the kingdom would be deceived into thinking of him as a naive, peaceful, normal boy who knows nothing of the world.

Perhaps it would remain a mystery how he maintained that innocence on his face after having almost all the knowledge of the world. He was
amazingly educated, and it was hard to find a topic which would trouble him or atleast make him stumble on his speech. Nevertheless, his face betrayed all of those.

He sat down opposite to aadhrit, and was handed out a scroll just a few moments after. He received it and opened it, skimming through the keywords skillfully. It didn't take him more than a minute.

He kept the scroll down in what seemed like twenty seconds and looked back at aadhrit.

" It is addressed to your name specifically. Provided you're not the monarch yet, it is alarming. Though still not a matter to be worried about. "
........his voice was light, mature and slow as he held out each of his words distinctly. He finished and looked at aadhrit straight away, waiting for his reply.