22. Great Queens make Great Empires.

" it would only be appropriate of us to first approach him directly and try to sort things out. We can always resort to warfare if that fails. " .....aksh said, seated on the tea table with agastya.

It was early morning, early enough that majority of the palace remained sound asleep while the duo carried out modifications to their plan.

The first rays of the sun bathed the empty cups kept at the side of the table.

" Get some more tea." .....both the men said in unison as they looked at each other instantly.

An attendee came running, who was awakened so early in the morning and had been making tea ever since.

" But lords, this is your seventh cup-" .....she tried to say.

" Neela. Don't you think we can count? Both of us are pretty good with numbers actually. " ......aksh said as he looked at her curtly.

She looked down and nodded, wondering why she ever thought this was a good job to do.

The two came back when the sun was a few hours from rising in the horizon, and decided not to sleep but flood themselves with tea and discuss 'important plans'.

Neela on the other hand, suffered the consequences accurately.

" I get it that you're trying to have a civilized discussion, but I'm afraid that will be harder than warfare." ....agastya said as he took the last sip out of his cup before slouching on the couch.

Aksh slouched back on his own couch, sleepy and tired beyond measure. He yawned, putting a hand over his mouth in the process.

" What do you mean ?" ...aksh said lazily as he saw the attendee bring the eighth tray of tea.

Neela placed the tray on the table for the eighth time, bowing slightly before going back, wishing with all her might for this to be the last time.

" What would I present as my reason to meet him ? Above all, setting up an appointment would be such a hazard. The rajvanshi's don't even have any good relations with us. " .......agastya said,straightening up again, compelling aksh to reciprocate as he was irritated.

" Right. It will be easy to attack them, their security planning isn't up to the mark. I mean....i could sneak in there, sit for a good while and sneak back out. I hardly saw guards patrolling the backside or yards."

Aksh spoke again, trying to suppress a yawn this time, but failing miserably.

"Stop yawning aksh! That's like the tenth time today." ....agastya said, suddenly turning irritated, and losing his cool which he had been maintaining till now.

" Well it's not my fault I had to follow you and bear with your ass the whole night so i couldn't get sleep. " .....aksh snapped back.

" Well whose fault is it then ? What are you suggesting ?" .....agastya said as his eyes turned dark, provoking aksh.

Aksh cursed himself under his breath as he realised what frustration had made him do.

" The situation, your majesty. It's surely the fault of the situation." ....he quickly gathered.

Agastya rolled his eyes looking towards the pansies in full bloom on his attached garden.

Inevitably, he was reminded of the pansies in her chamber and something clicked in his brain. He shuffled through his back pocket and felt his fingers touching the soft petals. He smiled, remembering her.

Aksh on the other hand, took a sip of his tea looking at the heir of the great Malik's being an idiot in love. He cleared his throat, gaining agastya's attention, though not fully undivided.