5. Tricks.

Agastya~~

The employing committee was seated and one by one the people were being reviewed. Mom and aunts were too choosy about these things. They want the pets to be taken care of at the best level possible. Till now none impressed them as much. 

And here I was. I don't even know what my eyes are so desperately searching for but they refused to stop. At this point I felt like my head was aching by searching so damn much. 

"That's all ? I thought Sikri had more population than this ?" ….mom said as the queue was almost at the end.

" Let's announce it at Samargaon tomorrow?" ….one of my aunts said with disinterest. 

" Are you sure that everyone was informed about this ?" ….I interrupted to ask the Messenger. 

" Yes, my lord. I announced it in the middle of the bazaars. Most of the people were there. And if they weren't, they would have been informed by the others. I took thorough care of it. If there was any mistake in my conduct, I hereby beg for mercy. " …….he said. 

I nodded my head at him and decided to end it here Today. A feeling of distress clouded my mind, for which I didn't even know the reason.

The meeting ended and I got up to go as everyone bowed. 

I was passing through the gardens when I overheard someone talking. They weren't people from the palace. Probably the people who came in today from Sikri for the meet. 

"....she loves animals so much, what is the reason to not come then? " 

" Uff, don't speak about things if you don't know the whole story. Her mom is so strict she wouldn't even let her out of the house. " …the other girl said.

" Whatever. But one thing I could say is that she was really eligible for the role. She has a rabbit na ? What was its name ? Jiha- …jihant ?...jihan?"

" Yes. It's jihan. Her mom hardly agreed to have that wild hare. Ruh was too stubborn. That's probably the only freedom she will get. After her fathers death, her mom keeps her protected at all costs. She wouldn't even let her come to play if it's a little far from their house. " 

" Not that it matters now. They will probably make an announcement tomorrow at samargaon. They'll get someone else. " 

" True. Sikri doesn't have a chance now. The meeting has already ended." 

I could hear the sound of their anklets fading as they went out.

Jihan. Haven't I heard that name somewhere? Sounds too familiar, I can't possibly be mistaken. 

Jihan ….jihan…jihan……

Damn. 

Is it? It is. 

"Aksh"...I called out.

" Yes, my lord?" …..he popped out of thin air almost surprising me. Haven't seen someone so efficient in quite a while. 

" You will need to prove your loyalty. I have a task." ….i smirked as i saw his eyes widen a bit and then become normal again. 

" As I have already said, my lord. Anything you'll ask me, I'll kill myself to that if needed. " …….his voice was confident. 

" Pleasant." …I remarked. 

************"****"***********************"""********"**

Aksh~~

When his majesty said that they have a task for me, I was scared to death. Yes, I had said all of that the other day about doing anything and everything for him. But saying and doing were two different things.