12. Mine

(Neutral perspective) ~
.

Aksh had just informed her about the whole thing. As tired and traumatised she was, she wasn't so cruel to just see the hazard unfold on akshat.

"Think it through. You might not want to save him after all he had done. But I beg you, please save akshat."

" What-?" ....she said tiredly when aksh interrupted once again.

" Look, I am not doing this to save akshat. He doesn't deserve an ounce of your pity. Agastya is just a few months away from the coronation. His well built reputation will be subjected to danger if all of this unfolds" ....he said.

Further, he continued.....

" The people shouldn't see all of this before having their new king. What he will do will be absolutely cruel if we let him to. Agastya isn't thinking right at the moment. You're the only one I know who holds the power to stop this. "

Her eyes widened in disbelief as she stuttered through her words.

" What are you even saying ? What am I supposed to do ? A-and...power ? What kind of power? I don't understand .."

Aksh held her shoulders firmly and met her eyes.

" You can. You're the only one who can. Trust me. Just go ahead, and talk to him. Casually. Eventually bring in the topic and keep him calm. It will work out. " ......He said softly.

" Why me ?" .....she asked, defeatedly.

" You'll know soon enough. If you don't already." ...He whispered.

******************************

L-leave.!....!" ...she said as she tried to free herself from his grip which tightened with each passing second.

"I'll bring him as close to death as anyone could possibly get and will still not let him have the peace of death. I'll watch as he suffers each second with regret colouring his eyes and questions his entire existence. And I'll happily do all of these. " .....the psychotic smirk threw ruh totally off-guard as she shuddered under his hold.

He held her gaze with a hint of possessiveness accentuating his eyes.
" Why would you do that? Forgive him please. " .....she hated how her voice had become so thin. She had a hard time figuring out how she turned so submissive under him. It was as if every tactic failed when she was under his gaze

Unknowingly, his gaze held the power to make her an immobile, lifeless statue. She could go fighting with the world and never submit to anyone but this ....THIS right here was different. And she hated the difference, the way he could control her with a single gaze. The way her body surrenders itself to him, like it was always meant to be that way.

" I will let you know this. What is mine, remains mine. No piece of inconsiderable shit can even lay an eye on it. " .....his tone. That was it. She felt her body surrendering the last inches of resistance it had. How was she supposed to talk it out straight? He wasn't one to listen. How!? Why? ....she couldn't answer these.

"D-d-did y-you j-ust c-call Akshat a-an 'inconsiderable piece of shit?' .....instead of the thousand things aksh had prepared for her to say, she spoke what Agastya wanted her to. Her eyes held confusion, chaos , complete withdrawal of her reasoning skills.

"Anyone who dares to do so much as even look at my things will undoubtedly deserve that title." ......he smirked at her.

...ruh felt him cooling down slowly and once again coming back to his usual 'i-own-the-world' kind of attitude. His smirk showed it all.

She stood there. Speechless. Thoughtless. Immobile. 

She could do nothing but stare. Stare as she felt him pulling her closer until there was no space left for even air to pass.

"And when did I become yours ? " ...She spoke up.

He removed a strand of hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear as he bent closer to her ear. Biting her earlobe slightly he whispered a few words into them.

" Settle this down in your brain, my lady. You.belong.to.me. and...." He paused as he chuckled softly and continued.."and you'll have to accept it, eventually. Don't worry, I'll wait. But I won't let go." ......and just like that his hold loosened as he slowly let go of her.

He looked at her one last time before he turned on his heels and disappeared into the corridors.

Her brain replayed the whole thing once more.

From the time she spotted him in the hallways. Her first mistake was stopping him and directly jumping to the topic before giving him time to cool down. Then he did all that he did.

And ruh.
Ruh.
Her throat felt dry. She was in immediate need of some moisture. But, that was only after she came back to her senses.

What was that? Was it real?

Suddenly her eyes widened. Realisation hit her hard.
What.was.that.?
She gasped.
What.did.he.just.say?

THE AUDACITY?
Things ? Belong to him?

" So I am claimed and I don't even have an idea whatsoever? " ...she questioned the walls .

She thought of what she would answer if aksh asked about what happened.
That she couldn't even go near the topic of akshat ? That she just stood there as he did everything he wanted to and went away ?

That she just got claimed and didn't have the nerve to resist?

****************************************

She walked aimlessly like a lost pup through the hallways.
That's when she spotted aksh talking to a guard and suddenly, she wanted the earth to just open up and swallow her.

She didn't need to have this conversation now after all that happened.
As she searched for a place to hide.....

"Hey! Ruh. Wait." ......That's when aksh caught her off-guard.
"Where are you going ? Did it go well? Did you convince him ? " .....he asked with his eyes full of hope.

The questions, yet again brought everything up and once again, the whole thing flashed in front of her eyes.

Her cheeks turned the deepest shade of red and aksh picked it up because as said earlier, doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

"I- ...it's -...he didn't listen-...I'm so sorry." .....she blabbered like a cartoon.

" I-it's okay. I understand. Calm down, alright? We'll see what we can do." .......ruh nodded vigorously and tried everything to just not blush so hard.

" I guess ....i should...umm...go probably." .....she said as she looked down, not being able to look at anyone at the moment.

"Yeah. Totally." .....aksh remarked and went away.

**********************************************************

Hey!! Hope you enjoyed it. Vote,comment and let me know where I can improve. Thanks!