10. Cat and Mouse

Ruh ~

I released Jihan to roam around in the gardens as I too looked around.
It was a bit sunny so I searched for shade. The old banyan comforted my eyes and indicated shelter. I looked around and saw the girls playing and the ladies chatting in their places.

I went towards the banyan when I overheard an ongoing conversation.

" …yeah. And the employment was done by his majesty personally. I wonder what it was. As far as I know Agastya, he doesn't take the least interest in these things." ….a lady in a green gown said.

" Exactly. You've been awfully quiet, ziya. What do you think about this?" ….another lady in a red gown asked.

The lady named Ziya, I suppose I was right, was a bit different to the others. She had that strong royal aura around her and she somehow shone brighter than the others.

She was a Princess. My guesses are correct most of the time. "Most" of the Times. But I think this IS one of those times.

Ziya looked at them with a deadly glare and replied with all the sass in her voice

" First of all, qala, polish your manners. How did you just dare to call the prince by his name? Secondly, your topic is a total waste of time.agastya didn't want me and the other ladies to look after the pets anymore. It is time consuming and above all, exhausting. So he is being considerate and employing an official himself. " ….she finished.

Qala, as she supposedly was, looked down and murmured an apology. Her cheerfulness and liveliness from seconds ago vanished into thin air.

Whatever she is. Doesn't she think she could've been a tad bit more polite ? She didn't need to just scold someone like that. That is so rude.

Ill-mannered people are just another thing I can't stand. They think they own the world.

" Hey! There she is. She is the caretaker agasty- ..i mean..his majesty appointed." ….qala declared loudly as she caught sight of me behind them.

And in a heartbeat, all of the eyes were turned towards me and I stood like a defeated prey in the middle.
At last, I grinned sheepishly and eventually the attention on me receded.

Qala got up and came towards me.

" Hey! What's your name? You can join us if you're free." ….she smiled in a warm and welcoming manner.

Oh, qala. You're such a sweetheart. I felt like my heart was being filled with that smile.

" This is ziya. The Princess..-" …. Before she finished her sentence, Ziya interrupted her, clearing her throat a bit more than necessary.

"Oh..and yes. Agastya's bride too.His majesty always favours ziya so much…" …once again, Ziya interrupted. Does she even get tired?

" Yeah. The one and only girl Agastya talks to. He sticks to me like gum and doesn't even kill a bee without telling me." ….she laughed elegantly after ending that sentence. Though, her words didn't seem the least bit elegant to me.

Do they even talk about anything else? Or Agastya is the only thing their world revolves around ?

Not being able to say anything, I tried my best to smile genuinely at her. But, at the end of the day, the difference between a fake and genuine smile still remains.

" Yes. And this is Maya, the last member of our three member group." …Qala chuckled cutely at her own humorous way of addressing the situation.
She gave out such a bubbly and cuddly vibe.  I decided I like her. It's hard to not-like her.