9. Day 1.

Agastya ~~

The night fell over as the moonlight invaded the hallways with a gentle and soothing light.
My eyes fell on the small door just a few steps away. The light was illuminating through the curtains. Guess she hadn't slept yet.

Everybody was usually asleep by this time. I would've been too, but the court proceedings took much more time than expected and here i was in the middle of the hallways staring at i don't even know what.

Suddenly the hare came running out of curtains. And so did the owner.

I laughed slightly.
Do they play this game daily ? Catch the hare.

I can crack jokes too now. I am surprised.

I was about to pick the hare up when she came straight to collide with me. I held her up as she was about to collapse to the ground.

Ruh ~~

I looked over at him. Is he a ghost or something? Roaming around like a lost soul in the middle of the night.

I was about to balance myself on my feet when his snarky comment invaded my auditory senses.

" Not even a day has passed. And you're already here in my arms. " ...He chuckled like a kid on his own joke.

How do I tell him it is lame ?

" I wasn't. The hare came running so i...." .....I pushed him slightly and regained my balance. He stood tall in front of me making me feel my inferiority right from the core.

" ...So you came running too. What a simple way to put it. " ...He finished the sentence I had started. I seriously wanted to slap that smile off.

I was about to say something when I was interrupted yet again. Do I need to tell you who that was ?

" Yahi toh zindagi hai. Hum aapke peeche, ap jihan ke peeche, aur jihan ...pata nahi kiske piche. " ....he whispered it fastly, not giving me any time to comprehend.

" Huh ? "

" You should be sleeping. You can't be up this late. This is a royal household and it has rules you've to acknowledge and abide by." .....he said it lightly, a stark contrast to what the words actually meant.

" You are not asleep either. So you can't possibly order me around. " ....i said with as much confidence as possible and yet, i could feel my voice shaking.

He smirked lightly.
Can someone tell why the hell he is enjoying this so much ?

" Oh yes darling, I can. Yeh samrajya humse hai, hum iss samrajya se nahi."

The authoritative voice hit the walls and bounced back coming right at me.

" Samrajya aap se ho sakta hai. Lekin ek rajya ke logon ki wajah se hi woh ek samrajya kehlata hai. " ....i replied with clarity in my voice. I thought what I thought and I wasn't afraid to express it.

His eyebrows raised up slightly as he looked at me with an expression I could not well make out.
But whatever it was, I wasn't afraid.

" Interesting." ....his lips tug up into a mischievous smile.

I raised my chin and stood with pride.

" Aap so Jaye. Jhagra fir kal karlenge ? " ....he said and bent down to match my level and smiled down at me.

What did he think I was ? A kid ? How dare he mock me like that ?

He straightened up and turned on his heels not before taking a last look at me.