Chapter Two

Tuesday

I get up and work out before I shower and get ready for school.

I wasn't stupid, I was almost immediately aware that the eye had been placed on me, another object of Donovan's desire, except, he wasn't really interested me and I was just another pawn in the play of Donovan Shepherd.

I, Giana Blackwell, would try my absolute hardest not to let that happen but who knows? Maybe there was some merit in the rumoured charm of Shepherd.

I couldn't hang out with him though, it would destroy the progress I had made, as a sober, non-violent teenager.

I sit down and meditate a little bit before I put my helmet on, grab a skateboard and go to school.

I get there and put my skateboard and helmet away in my locker before making sure it's secure. His little cronies were not breaking another skateboard because even though I could buy some more or use others, it was annoying.

I go to biology, where we are currently learning about anatomy. Not cute with all the teenagers.

We wait for everyone to get to class and a girl sits next to me.

"Ana, right?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Don't talk to me. I know Donovan sent you, so please go away. It'll make both our lives easier if you do." She nods, stands up and goes away.

Lola Tate was Donovan's, gay, girl best friend.

A lot of girls were jealous of Lola whenever Donovan would hang out with her while he had his meaningless relationships with them, so Lola made it abundantly clear that she had no interest in Donovan by coming out. I was impressed.

The real person those girls should've been jealous of is someone who wouldn't have even been a 'threat' when they were in a relationship with Donovan. That's the girl who he'll commit to.

Maybe we wouldn't even see that in Donovan's lifetime.

I sit through that treacherous class but a question lingers on my mind, where is Donovan?

He's in this class and that's what concerns me.

So shortly after two confrontations with him, he suddenly eases off and leaves me alone and simply doesn't come in, along with the two of his bootlickers, who were also not here.

I try to shake it and make my way to English again and this time, I put my bag on the seat.

Mrs. Talianis seems relieved when she does the roll call and Donovan doesn't answer, along with another one of his bitch boys who's in the class.

The thing is, Donovan's so called friends are nice people who seem to throw away their morals as soon as their friend is involved. That's horrible, for both parties.

I saw how hesitant his friend who snapped my skateboard was to do so and it almost seemed like he was annoyed with Donovan afterwards.

I just suck it up and listen to Mrs. Talianis go on and on about Romeo and Juliet for another hour.

I know I was upset for her yesterday but only because it was so unfair, by definition, she was an incredibly boring woman who displayed the typical characteristics of any typical 40-year-old woman, animal-obsessed, husband-obsessed and always bartering on about her children, so children-obsessed.

I don't think she knew that I know her daughter, and I'm not sure she wanted to know either. The stuff her daughter and I used to get up to we're not something she wanted to hear and I'm just glad Mr. and Mrs. Talianis managed to get Saoirse out of our mess before it got too far.

"Miss Blackwell, what are your opinions on Romeo and Juliet?" Mrs. Talianis was starting to piss me off a little bit.

I sigh. "I think that they were a flawed couple but metaphorically depict how ridiculous concepts like family feuds are. The suspected age gap is gross but that was the norm at the time I suppose."

"Okay, interesting. Lola, what about you?" I turn to look at Lola who's looking at me.

"I agree with her but I think that in that time that family feuds were commonplace and so it shouldn't be seen as ridiculous." She looks back at Mrs. Talianis, accomplished.

"That's stupid, forced marriage was commonplace, that's ridiculous now and then." I retort and she's about to say something else when the bell rings.

I grab my stuff and leave but I'm stopped short when my phone starts going off.

It's my security system, someone is breaking into my house.

I run to Mr. Howlett's office.

"Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt but someone's breaking into my house, I have to go home." I leave but he stops me.

"Do I need to call the police?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I'll sort it." I get my phone and start calling Carter and Maisie and put my helmet on and skate off.

"Maisie, Carter, someone's breaking into my house." I shout down the phone as it's in my pocket.

"Yeah, we're on our way. There's only one person who's breaking in and they broke through that broken window in your room." Maisie relays this information to me and I shout in frustration.

"Guys, meet me at the Loft, oh wait never mind I see you." They stop the car in front of me and we get to my road. Once we get to my road, we start crawling along. "It's Donovan Shepherd."

"What?" Carter says as he turns around, Maisie's driving but I still have a mini heart attack.

"He came through my window yesterday, drunk may I add, and I let him sleep in the master bedroom. I told him to never come back because I'm gonna get into trouble if I hang out with him because he's a bad influence." I say and Maisie and Carter nod.

"I'm glad you're takin- there's one of Shepherd's friends, get down Gia," Maisie doesn't react but I get down. "Danny Mitre. I work his brother, Peter, I might have to get a little word in. You got his picture right Carter?"

"Yeah. I'm recording and your cars dash would have caught him as well." Carter responds.

"I can see another one there... what's his name... we went to school with his sister. Something... Ajayi. The sister was Meena Ajayi and the boy is... come on Gia help me out here." I know who Carter's talking about.

"I think Fahir Ajayi." I know Fahir wasn't as involved.

"He looks nervous." Maisie finally gets to my
house and while Fahir is turned away, she pulls in.

Maisie, Carter and I walk in silently. I'd disarmed the security system remotely.

We hear noise from the main study and we go in.

We walk in and Donovan's back is turned to us.

He's hands deep in my documents.

"Looking for something?" Carter says and Donovan turns around.

"Oh. Hello." Donovan says.

"Drop my stuff and tidy up this whole place." I say and I grab a seat, shut the door and Maisie locks my door and arms the security system.

"Is there anyone else here?" I ask Carter and he shakes his head.

"Everything's fine now Gigi. I'm gonna fix that window." He goes upstairs and I can hear using the hammer.

Donovan cleans up my study and I make him leave after that.

"Maisie, Carter, I feel like I'm going to get into trouble one of these days and it's not going to be my fault." I'm annoyed and irritated.

"I know, we've got evidence of what happened today and if worst comes to worst, which it won't, we can present this evidence as Donovan harassing you." Maisie is trying to comfort me, it's not really working but I appreciate it.

They leave eventually and I am left alone with my thoughts.

I go to my weight room and go to my punching bag and punch it over and over again, to the point where my knuckles start to bleed and after, I go to the shower and sleep.