Chapter Twenty-Six

Monday

While we're sorting this whole wedding thing out, a dark, mysterious but very annoying figure emerges from the darkness.

"I've got to say guys, I'm super impressed. This is an extremely good showcase of teamwork, especially for you two. Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Dr. Gibson Howlett." He shakes the hand of Sully and Stacie who have been buying us whatever they can within their budget.

Sully had just said that his parents were basically skint buying the tickets for his siblings to attend the wedding, so they were at their home back in Remoir.

"Nope, not happening, tell your parents to pack their bags and to use these tickets." Courtney emails them. "I am getting all of this for free, just a little benefit of being a nepo baby."

We all laugh, it's a funny joke.

"Dr. Howlett, how do you know these lovely kids?" Stacie asks and Howlett looks at us.

"He's a shrink. Our school guidance counsellor who's coming with us on the exchange." Donovan says.

"At least you were nice enough to say guidance counsellor the second time around." I respond as I finish typing all these people in and me and Courtney wait in tense silence but finally, an email comes through.

"We did it it!" Courtney says as she daps me up. I guess the guys find it odd especially as it's a 'boy' thing but Courtney has got the most versatile personality I've ever known. She's got elements of everything and that's what makes her perfect for Arthur.

Seeing as I literally went to mini prison, the ways I greeted people now was very boyish in a way. I definitely shook hands more than I hugged.

We tally up everyone in their wedding party and then we all get ready and go to our gate.

We get onto a flight and Howlett is now sitting near us so he's monitoring our moves.

Courtney and I managed to organise this flight, the boys helped as well but now I was exhausted and I lean my head back against the seat and I let the sleep take me away.

After an hour, my neck is so sore when I wake up and I realise that I've been sleeping against the seat in front of me, where Arthur is also sleeping so his snoring woke me up.

Courtney is tucked against his arm and they are so cute.

Donovan is awake but he's on his phone, legs out in the aisle, texting, so he doesn't notice me.

I wring my neck out but nothings helping and I don't know how to stop the pain that's starting to form in my head.

My ears start to ring as well and I know that I'm fucked because my tinnitus hurts a lot and if they start ringing, they'll start hurting.

I try not to make it obvious that I'm in pain and nobody notices apart from the good doctor who notices somethings wrong.

"Giana, what's up? You don't look too good." Howlett gets Donovan's attention when he says that and Courtney's, who wakes up Arthur.

"Yeah I'm fine." I am not fine, my head feels like it's about to impose from the pressure and my ears are ringing like crazy. "I'm super tired though, so I'm going to take a nap."

I take Donovan's pillow and Arthur hands does a little movement, almost as if to tell Donovan to not react.

I'm too tired to say anything and I fall asleep, curling up and a blanket is put over me.

***

This time, when I wake up, it's because I'm on someone's back.

It's Donovan's but I'm still in an excessive amount of pain so I don't get off.

He finally puts me down when we have to check out and wait for our next flight and I start to wake up.

"So, are you going to tell us what really happened?" Arthur asks as he hands me my passport and ticket.

"I didn't feel too good but I'm alright. It was nothing." Yeah I was lying. I fainted.

I go through security and Arthur follows behind.

"I know full well that wasn't you being fine, you looked faint. It's so difficult to watch you suffer and be in a lot of pain but because you've got such a high pain tolerance, you just don't express your feelings."

"I know. I'll tell you if I feel like it though." Donovan and Courtney catch up to us.

"You guys are quick." Courtney says as we all pass our important stuff back to her and I motion to the bathroom and her an I go.

Stacie comes up to us and speaks to us.

"You guys have to come to our wedding. You four and your teacher, I can't thank you guys enough." She says as she gives us her number individually. "Also I respect the work you do Dr. Howlett and I hope we can work well together at Grier Academy."

"Huh? Oh my goodness, are you the Dr. Samuels I'm going to be working with?" Dr. Howlett asks and she nods and smiles.

"Yes. I haven't looked at the students files yet but I have looked at the staff. I do have some immediate impressions of you guys." She's got a slight smirk on her face.

"Do tell." Arthur asks.

"Only if you're sure." We all nod and I wish we didn't.

"Obviously you two are related. I can see that you're close but also to be frank, you look so alike." She points to Arthur and I and we nod. "You two are going to have an amazing relationship and to be honest so are you." She points to Arthur and Courtney and then Donovan and I.

"Ew." Donovan and I both say and she laughs at that.

"Are you even allowed to say that as a school guidance counsellor?" Donovan asks.

"Yes, of course. I have no obligations to be untruthful. Anyways, this is where we part seeing as we have to deal with guests but I'll be glad to see you guys at some point." She waves to us all and leaves and we get through security and do all the other stuff we need to do like checking our luggage and other necessities before making our way to the apartment complex we're staying at.