Chapter Twenty-Five

Monday

There had to be an emergency landing due to the weather and we'd been here for five hours now.

Everyone in the flight was tired and some of them were super drunk still.

Obviously, they knew we were not twenty-one so we were not served alcohol, much to Donovan's dismay.

We all sat by a wall on the floor because there are so many more people who needed these seats more than us, mainly the drunk people who could even keep their heads up.

I reckon at least thirty of these people were together for some sort of event because a girl looked really panicked.

"We're not gonna make it in for check-in! We're not going to make it in!" Yep, all thirty of those people start talking around her, hounding her. No that's definitely more people than thirty.

The plane we were on had one-hundred seats and a half of the people on it were from the same group.

It kinda makes sense as to why they were all drunk. They were getting hammered for a wedding.

I watch as a man comes and gets the women who's panicking and they walk away and everyone seems to go back to minding their own business.

They come sort of close to us, close enough that we can hear it but not so close that they can see me watching them.

"We didn't put down a deposit down Sullivan! We didn't put it down. Oh I'm so stupid! I'm so fucking stupid!" She's in hysterics as she cries into his shoulder.

"Hey, it's not your fault, it's something that slipped all our mind. I called, if we can get the money, we'll be fine. They're fucking greedy but we'll be fine if we get the money." I can tell that he's still worried. "How will we get the money." Now they're both super emotional.

I look back to my party of four who also seem to be intrigued by the conversation.

"Tell me Sully, how much is it?" The girl knows she's not going to like the answer.

"It's one-thousand-five-hundred dollars." The man, Sullivan's, voice cracks and he starts crying. "We don't have that money Stace."

"We could barely make the thousand with the savings we have left. My parents helped in no way whatsoever but they made sure they invited all these people and paid for them, but no, they couldn't afford to help us a little bit. I don't even know most of them Sully."

"We'll help, grab your stuff." Courtney says.

"What?" They say as they look at us.

Arthur claps his hands. "Chop chop. Our generosity could be gone in a matter of minutes."

Sullivan, does what he says and grabs the little hand luggage they do have.

"I need you to get your actual luggage as well because this is gonna be long." Courtney says as she she brings out her laptop and starts making some calls.

"I'll go with you. Blackwell, you as well." Donovan says as he picks me up from my hand and then we all move to a private room.

We go with this Sullivan guy to get their luggage and check it in for the next flight. They shared luggage but it was in his name. It was clear that the girls parents were wealthy but they did not extend their wealth to their daughter.

"Why are you guys helping us?" Sullivan asks. "You're not criminals or anything? You know Stacie and I are dirt poor at the moment, we can't afford to pay you back for anything for the time being."

"We are in the spirit of giving, for me personally, I feel bad for you guys just from what I saw. Her parents are clearly loaded and, no offence but this is gonna be rude, you guys are not and even more so, you're struggling." Donovan is actually incredibly insightful and it kinda freaks me out, then again, any of his qualities that made him look good, freaked me out a little.

"Your family doesn't know? I ask him and he looks at me like a knife to his throat.

"I don't know what you're referring to."

"You're married already and you guys are not going back to wherever you came from." I point to his ring which is clearly a wedding band.

"You're brilliant. I could never make leaps like that. How do you know we're not coming back?" That is a good question.

"Well that was sort of a guess. You guys were worried about the wedding and where the guests were going to stay, not you. I'd say you've bought a nice house somewhere which you guys spent years saving up for because your parents helped where they could?" That last part was total guess.

"Stace's parents are pricks. My parents attended are real wedding, so this wedding now is just a little looksee for the cunts at Carlisle Court and all their rich friends." My eyes go wide with shock when I realise how rich this family is.

"You're telling me they're that rich and they couldn't pay for anything that you guys needed help with? They really are something else." We finish making sure our luggage is sorted and then we walk back where Arthur and Courtney will sort theirs. "The Carlisle's are actually genuinely terrible though, I can't imagine how it was like for your wife growing up."

"I'm not surprising you know them but then again, you guys must be from Remoir." Well yeah.

"I'm not, I just have read multitudes about the Carlisle's, we're from Alevana." Donovan says and I roll my eyes. "Been here all our lives."

"Wrong. I lived in Remoir for a couple of years, hated every minute of it." I have more to say. "Donovan and Sullivan end in the same two letters, it's funny."

"I did notice that. My first name isn't Sullivan though, that's my last name. My first name is Oliver which isn't nearly as cool but only my Stacie and friends calls me Sullivan or Sully so that means you guys can too." He adores his wife and I can only wish for that someday.

It just makes me sad to see a good couple, struggling so much.