Chapter Forty

Saturday

I got to sleep at eleven, shortly after dinner and was immediately in ready mode at six.

I get into the shower and then go to my room and get my outfit and makeup on before making sure Donovan is up because we're on a tight schedule.

He didn't drink last night which was probably the first time in forever that he didn't drink on a Friday night but I was grateful for that.

I remember I left the baby with him and when I walk in to his room, the baby is nowhere to be seen.

"Donovan where's the baby?" I ask and he immediately shoots up.

"He's just under the covers, I'll bring him to you if you want in a second?" He's lying.

I pull the sheets back and there's no baby.

"I'll ask you again, where is the baby?" I look for baby bag is in his room but it's not there.

I start looking all throughout his room and then the rest of hotel room and the baby is nowhere to be found.

Donovan quickly runs into the bathroom and showers and gets dressed and ready while I stress out looking for that stupid fake baby. We were definitely getting night duty.

Oh Donovan, how I wish I could kill you right now.

I pack my purse and bag and then wait for Donovan to get out of the bathroom as I put on my heels and tap my foot anxiously.

He leaves the bathroom with a tie hung around his neck and his hair gel in his hair.

"We've got no time, bring it with you, grab your bag and I'll get your shoes and put your slippers on and we'll go." He does as he's told because he knows he's in trouble and has decided to make a smart decision.

We go downstairs and we do some more errands for the couple who are both getting ready.

The photographers are here and taking photos of absolutely everything.

"You two get ready." One of them and while the other goes off, the one who tells us to get ready stays.

Donovan looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"I don't know how to do my tie or put gel in my hair. My parents always did it for me." I shake my head but put the gel down on the table along with our stuff.

I pull his neck down as this dudes a giant and flip his collar up and tie his tie, he's such a mommy and daddy's boy. I see why they love him so much and why they're finding it so difficult right now because I remember how sweet he used to be.

I put the gel in his hair and then wash it out from under my nails.

When I turn back around, the photographer is waiting and she makes us pose. I realise she'd been taking photos of the whole interaction of me helping as she's flicking through the photos.

"Do we have to?" I ask and she laughs.

"I was thinking where I know you guys from. Mark, come here." She moves back from what is obviously a video camera and it all starts to click.

"You two were the photographers at Maisie and Dacre's announcement. You made it really special." I say and they laugh.

"Pose." They both say.

We do as we're told and all of a sudden I feel very shy as Donovan's arm wraps around my waist and the photographer walks back to capture it.

"You guys did wonders for our business, they said me capturing your guys chemistry was incredible work and that they'd hire us for any amount of money." The videographer, the woman, who's called Letty or something, says.

"Okay I need to go now." I say and get back to my tasks as I try to hide my obvious blush while also simultaneously looking for this baby which I eventually find at the table in the kitchen which we all had dinner at yesterday. The bag is neatly next to it as well and I grab it and make sure all its task are done before putting it away again.

I got our teacher to turn it off as if it were being babysat if it were a real baby and we had one for it and make sure it's in a place that only people we trust can access, which was our errand room in the venue.

Only Court, Arthur, Donovan, Gibson and the happy couple themselves could access.

I email the teacher but it doesn't really matter as I see her in the venue helping out. This is the actual teacher of the subject who had just gotten back from looking after her ill child.

"Are you friends with Stacie?" I ask her and when she sees me, she smiles.

"Yes, we've been friends since we were back in Remoir. I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting but you must be Giana Blackwell. I'm Angelina Farmer-Breckenridge but as my students call me, Mrs. FB." My heart skips a beat.

"Breckenridge is such a large name, is it yours?" She gets what I mean and laughs and then shakes her head.

"It's my wife Holly's surname, mine is Farmer but I love the name Breckenridge and I love her and her family so I took her name and she took mine so we both are FB." I don't know what to say or do.

"That's amazing. Is your wife here today?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"She took this wedding as an opportunity to go back to Remoir and chill with her family. Her brothers' birthday is soon." I get called away by Donovan and I say my goodbyes as I walk away.

"You looked kind of angry when you were speaking to her." He says and I shake my head as I help him blow balloons in silence.

Arthur walks in and I go to speak to him but Mrs. FB catches him and us together and speaks to us.

"You know, you look so much like my brother-in-law Vinny." She shows him a picture on her mock screen. Arthur is shocked but conceals it quickly.

"I'm Arthur, nice to meet you. I must have one of those faces." They laugh and chat and I go back to Donovan and continue blowing up the balloons.

I go to the bar and grab a shot of vodka.

I shot it and go back to what I was doing.