Chapter Sixty-Six

Friday

We get up super early and start getting ready almost immediately.

Arthur and Courtney got in after Donovan and I had gotten to sleep, Arthur was hesitant to come over since his last stint but I insisted I would let him come over whenever he wanted from now on.

Our relationship was mended because all we needed was some time.

I stopped his electronic key from working which meant that he couldn't get past through the first set of my doors without knocking or ringing the doorbell. There was no consideration needed when I told him his keys worked again.

I start going around waking everyone up and Elsie and Lola wake up pretty easily and then I go to where Arthur and Courtney are sleeping and Courtney is already up but Arthur is still sleeping.

I get a cotton bud and start rubbing it by his nose and moving it quickly each time he brushes it away.

I start dancing on the bed and that wakes him up.

"I knew it couldn't be Courtney acting like a crackhead." He says and gets up and helps me off the bed and then pushes me out the room.

"You've got to get ready too Gigi." He says and I go downstairs to open the door to Jess and Vincent to come in and Jess suddenly grabs me by the shoulders and looks closely at my face.

"Awwww Gia." She says as she hugs me and I nod at Vincent and tell them to go to the kitchen.

Jess had told me he never went anywhere else in the house apart from her room and camera evidence shows that was the case.

Not that I didn't believe her, I didn't believe him.

Everyone comes downstairs for breakfast and we all get started while Vincent sits in a corner and I start to feel warm and take off my hoodie.

All of a sudden he speaks and everyone looks at him.

"What are those?" He asks.

"They are tattoos." I respond, suddenly feeling very self-conscious of my body.

He stands up and points to the ones of my cousins name.

"Those ones." He says and holds my arm and starts reading them and then all the other ones as well.

He's dyslexic as well so it kind of takes him a minute.

Everyone who doesn't know him is looking at him quizzically.

"Can you let go of her Vincent." Arthur says as he gently pulls me away from him. "She never said you could touch her arm."

Vincent sits back down. Jess sits down next to him, clearly annoyed. She talks to him under her breath, sighs and then hugs him.

I walk over.

"Vincent I guess you were looking for this." I respond and lift up my t-shirt.

There as plain as day is a simple Vincent and Verity our birthday.

"No one else's?" He asks.

"No, I sure as hell am not putting their names on my bodies. Fuck them." I say.

"I was just wondering." He asks and I walk away.

We all sit down and have breakfast and I start to giggle a little bit.

"Jessica, we have a surprise for you." Courtney says as she and Lola go somewhere.

"So, a lot of people know you two now at our school because of your jobs sooo... you're coming to prom with us! People insisted you two come!" Elsie says and Jess jumps up.

"What?!" She says as Courtney and Lola brings a dress and suit.

I reach over the table and hold Jess' hand.

"It's not fair that you had to leave, so I made sure that you didn't miss your prom." She starts crying with happiness and Vincent hugs her.

"Thank you... Giana." He says, unsure.

"Oh that reminds me. Vincent, no offence to you but I decided I'd share something." I go to my study, grab something and run back down.

I get an envelope and Jess gets her phone out and films me.

"You look excited so I know this is going to be good." She says and props it up as I take the contents out and show everyone and Jess, Arthur, Vincent and Donovan have the most visible and audible reaction.

"I talked to your parents Arthur. They said they couldn't think of anything more wonderful." I respond and he hugs me.

Arthur hugs me, Jess hugs me and Donovan hugs me as well.

"So, I was born Verity Giana Blackwell Breckenridge but after a long period of hardships, went by Giana Blackwell in attempt to I guess run away from who I am. I decided I had to drop the surnames and use the name of the family that actually loves me and took care of me. So I'm now Verity Giana Rosling." I'm a Rosling now.

"That's so beautiful. Why would you be sorry to Vincent though?" Lola asks.

"I guess I never really introduced myself properly. Vincent George Blackwell Breckenridge. Giana's older twin brother." He says and everyone sorts of has a moment of revelation if they weren't aware who he was.

"Despite what you may think Vincent, I'm willing to be nice to you because you've shown a great change in character and I encourage all of you to do the same." I ask and they all nod.

I look at the time.

"Shit." I say as I stand up. "We need to start getting ready." It was one in the afternoon. We'd all spent so much time goofing around and having fun though, so I didn't mind.

We all start cleaning the kitchen, doing some chores while we all take turns taking our stuff to our respective changing places.

"Let me reiterate. Boys in the loft, girls in the basement. Maisie and Carter will be here in a bit and then the rest of our families will be here at four." The doorbell rings on cue and then I get the envelope and hand it to Maisie and Carter and Donovan films.

Maisie screams when she sees the contents, so does Carter.

They hug me.

"Our beautiful baby V." Carter says and Maisie tucks my hair behind my ears .

"Go get ready guys." Maisie says and we do so.