Chapter Sixty-Four

Friday

I've told Donovan I need to go somewhere and he takes me.

"How come you're not in school?" I ask and he smiles at me.

"I realised I get to spend more time with everyone if I just put my foot down and complete all my assignments. Maybe I get to spend more time with you?" He's asking, clearly.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I respond.

"Let's go shopping after." He's so excited and it makes me happy.

We get to the street I need to go to and I go into the tattoo shop and show the receptionist, Abby my ID and then get Donovan to show his too.

"I could fit him in as well if you'd like Gigi?" She asks and I shrug.

"Its up to him, I just brought him here to watch." I respond and look at Donovan.

He pulls me to the side.

"You don't judge me for being in pain will you?" He asks genuinely and I shake my head.

"No. I won't. I'll hold your hand as well." I say and he nods.

"Yeah, you can fit me in as well." He says to Abby and she smiles and takes us to the tattoo artists and I show mine, Gabrielle what I want.

"Giana, what are you getting?" Donovan asks and this time, I smirk at him.

"That's a secret." I say and he laughs.

"Okay, mine will be a secret too." He says while pretending to pout and I playfully hit his arm.

His tattoo artist, Thomas is working on Donovan's right arm while Gabs is working on my left arm.

Donovan and I talk while getting tattooed and I hold his hand and rub my thumb against his each time he accidentally squeezes my hand as he's in pain but doesn't want to show it.

An hour in, Gabs is done and gets up and shows me and I gasp and hug her.

"It's amazing! Thanks Gabs I love it." I wait for her to wrap it up temporarily so Donovan doesn't see and then hand her tip of $200 and then pay for the actual tattoo at the reception.

"I'm paying for him too." I tell Abby and she nods and asks Gabs to ask for the cost of Donovan's tattoo.

She comes back smiling and hands something to Abby.

"You don't need to worry about paying Gia." Gabs says and I look at her, confused. She pulls a card up and hands it to me and I look at the name.

"Donovan Shepherd. I should beat him up." I mutter under my breath but I thank them and go back to the seat and continue to hold his hand and wait the next hour for his tattoo but I assume tattoos, to be done.

When he's finally done, he lets out a big sigh or relief and then we show each other our tattoos.

He's taken inspiration from me which I love and even though I struggle to read, I can tell that he has his siblings and parents name on his arm and then I see the one that really takes me by surprise.

"We both got tattoos for Shane and Scott?" He asks me and I nod.

"I guess we did." I say and smile.

"Let me take a picture of you two." Abby says and we comply. "Lie how you were before and we'll take a picture of how you were getting the tattoo."

We do so while looking at one another and talking about what to do next.

"I have a hair appointment now." I say to Donovan and he nods as we get up.

"Let's go to there and then we can go to the mall after and buy a matching tie or whatever they do for prom." He says and we thank everyone again as they wrap up our tattoos and then we go to my hair appointment.

Donovan sits on his phone in the front, against his wishes to see what would be done to my hair, while I get my hair recoloured back to my natural colour along with a trim and a treatment to make it a little healthier.

"Do you want to do a little fun reveal to him Gigi?" My hairstylist, Nina says and I nod.

She wraps covers my head and gets another hairstylist to get Donovan and he does so. Donovan looks nervous and then I feel nervous.

Nina shows him and he audibly gasps.

"It's beautiful. You look amazing." He says and I get up and hug him and tip Nina as well.

I go to pay but she also tells me that Donovan has payed.

I thank everyone again and we leave.

"You love paying for my stuff huh?" I say and he laughs.

"Yes, I do. It's the least I can do." He says as we go to the mall and sit down for a bite to eat and the girl who he brought to his house to annoy his parents comes up to us.

"Oh so you're sitting with her? I see how it is. You can't have me so you go to the next best thing." She says and I laugh.

Donovan waves his hand for me to get closer to him and when I lean over he kisses me and she doesn't seem happy.

"Why would you even sleep with me knowing you like her?" She crosses her arms as she's annoyed.

"Is that even a question? I told you that I like Giana and that I was trying to get over her because I didn't think she liked me and I was bad for her. I feel bad for using you like that but I did tell you the reason and you never told me you were using me as a rebound for your ex so you don't actually have a right to get angry with me." Donovan is very calm and collected and that makes me even more attracted to him.

Alcohol would have been his hamartia.