"In my Mind" Ch. 2-7

[Scott POV | February 8 | Sunday]
It's been a bad day.

I came over to Isaac's house, but i noticed that Isaac was acting weird all day, kinda like he wasn't enjoying me being here.

Scott: "Hey, what's wrong?"

Isaac: "It's all fine... I just... I've been thinking a lot lately... My mind is just working weird lately..."

Scott: "What's going on?"

Isaac: "I've been thinking that maybe i don't deserve anything that i now have... Like i don't think i deserve you, or any of our friends."

Isaac: "Like, it's been hard to me to find motivation to get out of bed, and i get a hard time while trying to sleep, i can't enjoy things as much as i did before, and maybe i've been getting some of the old thoughts of not wanting to live anymore, babe i feel like something may be wrong with me..."

Scott: "I'm not a therapist, but i'm pretty sure that's something more complex that just your mind fooling you around... Hey, have you considered going to therapy? Maybe that could help?"

Isaac: "Maybe... Some part of me is telling me that it's a bit too exaggerated to do that, but that's probably the part that is wrong?"

Scott: "I see, but everyone's problems deserve to be heard."

Isaac: "Now the hard thing is that how i'm gonna actually talk about this with my parents, like i don't think they can actually understand this?"

Scott: "Maybe... Man that's the hard part, we need to tell them though, it's not good to keep this to yourself... What if i help you with that part, maybe we could like... Write it or something?"

Isaac: "Would that work? Maybe reading it instead of improvising the whole thing could be easier...?"

Scott: "That's the attitude, i'll go for a pen and a notebook."

We spend a lot of time figuring out what to write, and doing practice readings, until we got a final result which could work.

And so we went downstairs where Isaac's parents were watching TV, we sat down in the couch with them while Isaac has the sort of script on a notebook page.

Eliza: "How you doing kids?"

Isaac took some uncomfortable 5 seconds to respond.

Isaac: "Not great... Actually there's something i wanted to talk with both of you..."

Connor: "What's wrong?"

Isaac's dad turned off the TV.

Isaac: "I don't think i can really say it just with my mind right now, so i had to write it..."

Eliza: "Isaac... You're worrying me..."

Isaac: "See..."

I held Isaac's hand to give him courage, he starts reading, he tells them the whole topic to them, including the part of the bullying on middle school, the things that started to happen now and i prevented, his suicidal thoughts, and including that he may wanna go with a psychologist.

Isaac: "... That's what's been going on..."

Eliza: "Oh, Isaac... I really had no idea, i'm so relieved you told us all of this, this must've been a lot to handle by yourself."

Connor: "Oh geez..."

Eliza: "Considering what you're going through, i think it's appropiate that you start going with a psychologist, this can't be handled just by you."

Connor: "Yeah, what she said."

Isaac: "Thank you, both of you..."

Isaac's mom came to hug him, and like 5 seconds later his dad did aswell.

I hope everything goes for the better.

//Author's Note:
So alright, Isaac has depression, that's the deal.//