Chapter 34

They go back to the waterfall, and Jennie feels stupidly nostalgic about it, because it's only been a few weeks but it feels like so much happened between the first time she came here with Y/n alone and now.

Jennie lets Y/n help her on the way down this time, lets the older take her hand and worry about her falling, smiling softly at the worried looks Y/n keeps shooting her whenever Jennie trips or threatens to fall down the steep hill leading to the waterfall.

"The village seems kind of empty today," Jennie comments once they're down, hopping over the smaller rocks so they can go and sit down on the large, flat one in the middle. "Where is everyone?"

Y/n climbs on the rock first and turns around to help Jennie over as well, gripping her hands tightly and not letting go until Jennie is standing next to her safely. "There's another market in a town nearby. Well, it's not that near, actually. It's like a two hour's drive. It's once a month, so a lot of people go there to spend the day there and do some shopping."

"I see." Jennie sits down next to her, the stone feeling warm underneath her hands. "You didn't want to go?"

Y/n hesitates before shaking her head. "It's not like I'd buy anything anyway. My mom and Taehyung went, though."

Jennie purses her lips and watches the water rippling at the surface where the waterfall meets the small pool of water. They sit in silence for a while, Y/n tilting her head back and closing her eyes and Jennie watching her like she's a piece of art.

She looks like it, though. With the branches and leaves of the trees casting shadows on her skin, the sun painting the rest of it golden, her lips red and kissable.

Y/n blinks her eyes open as if she can feel Jennie's stare, and a smirk tugs on her lips. "What?"

Jennie shrugs. "Nothing."

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Cause you're beautiful," Jennie says, and her heart flutters when Y/n ducks her head to hide her embarrassed smile.

How cute can a person be?

Y/n gnaws on her lower lip for a moment before she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a cigarette, making Jennie's face fall.

"What are you doing?" She asks, sounding upset and disappointed.

Y/n looks up at her and sighs. "I haven't had one in almost a week."

"So why start now?"

"I need it," Y/n says. "I've been on edge all day."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Y/n sighs and shrugs her shoulders. "It's just one, Jennie."

But Jennie shakes her head and plucks the ugly thing from Y/n's fingers, placing it on the rock next to her before swinging her leg over Y/n's thighs to sit down on her lap.

Y/n's eyes widen and she looks anxious for a moment. "Jennie. Someone could see."

"No one will," Jennie says. "Most of them are gone, anyway, and we'll hear them if anyone should come."

Y/n gulps, still looking panicked, and Jennie leans in to peck her lips. It makes Y/n falter, her eyes growing hazy for a moment. Jennie smiles at the effect she has on her. "Jen..."

"Y/n/n, relax," Jennie whispers against her lips, tangling her fingers into the back of Y/n's hair to tilt her head back and kiss her better when she slots their lips together again. "Why would you smoke when I'm still around?"

Y/n is still stiff underneath her, but the more Jennie kisses her, the more she relaxes, and soon enough her hands are on Jennie's hips, pulling her closer as she kisses her back, slow and savouring.