Chapter 47

Y/n shows up at their apartment an hour later, holding bags of what looks to be take out food in her hands.

Jennie's lips stretch into a wide smile as she ushers her inside. "Chicken?"

"I... had no idea what to get them," Y/n quietly mumbles so the others don't hear her. She hands Jennie the bags and slips out of her coat, Jennie getting a whiff of her musky cologne that makes her legs feel a little weak. "Shit, I'm nervous."

Jennie pouts at that and pulls her closer. "It'll be fine. They're amazing. And I know they will love you, so please don't be scared, okay?"

Y/n takes a deep breath and nods. "Yeah. Okay. I just. Don't know. Feels like I'm meeting my girlfriend's parents." She laughs. "I want to make a good impression."

Jennie can't help herself. She leans in, and kisses Y/n, slowly and languidly. Y/n looks a bit dazed when Jennie pulls away. "I told you they will love you. Just be you."

Y/n bites down on her lips and grins, nodding her head. Jennie takes her hand and leads her inside, putting the bags down on the dinner table.

"Guys," Jennie says, looking at Roseanne and Lisa who have gotten up from the couch and are basically just staring Y/n down. "This is Y/n. Y/n, that's Lisa, my roommate and best friend, and that next to her is her girlfriend Roseanne, my other best friend."

They greet each other rather stiffly, and Jennie wishes they weren't being so awkward.

"She brought fried chicken," Jennie tries again, and doesn't miss the way Lisa's eyes light up at that.

So yeah.

They start to eat, and it's not... it's not awful.

Lisa tries her best to distract everyone from the daggers Roseanne keeps shooting at Y/n across the dinner table, or the fact that she has yet to talk to Y/n in any shape or form, and for that Jennie is infinitely thankful to her friend.

Lisa brings some beer from the fridge, which helps everyone losen up, and it eventually feels like friends hanging out together more than anything.

Jennie holds Y/n's hand under the table, because she can tell how tense Y/n still is, especially because of how hostile Roseanne is being towards her.

She can't help but feel guilty. She's the one who cried over how much Y/n hurt her to her best friends, when really, Y/n was hurting because of her, too.

Y/n doesn't deserve this treatment.

"Roseanne," Jennie says after a while. "You're being quiet."

Roseanne glances at her, eyes narrowed. "Nothing much to say."

"It's kind of rude, that's all."

Lisa chokes on her beer, and Y/n glances at Jennie, squeezing her hand, telling her to stop.

"Oh, is it, now?"

"Yes. You haven't spoken a word with Y/n."

"She hasn't spoken to me either, has she?"

Y/n tenses up next to her, and it makes Jennie angry. She loves Roseanne, but she also loves Y/n, and she doesn't like how Roseanne is treating her.

"Because you've practically get back off tattooed on your forehead. You're the one who wanted to meet her so why are you being like this?"

"Jennie, it's okay," Y/n whispers, even though Jennie can tell that her girlfriend is irritated. She's just staying calm so she doesn't cause a scene.

"Do you know why I don't particularly like you?" Roseanne suddenly asks, addressing Y/n for the first time, who calmly meets Roseanne's gaze.