Chapter 41

"Hey. Why do you look like ass?"

Jennie flips Jisoo off and leaves the door open for the girl to enter the apartment. She flops down on the couch, immediately diving back under the blanket and sticking out her head to continue watching this stupid TV show she's gotten addicted to over the past involuntary all-nighters she's pulled.

Jisoo walks in a moment later, snickering softly to herself. "Stop pouting, you look ugly."

"I'm sensitive, okay? Stop being a dick."

Jisoo sighs and sits down on her legs, grabbing the bowl of popcorn from the floor. "Why? What happened? Who do I need to beat up?"

"It's nothing. I don't want to talk about it."

"Then why am I here?"

"You invited yourself here."

"Okay." Jisoo scoffs and eats half of the popcorn over the next couple of minutes. "Seriously, Jen. You look exhausted. Talk to me."

Jennie's lips form a pout again. She doesn't deserve Jisoo.

After Roseanne dropped her off home yesterday and Jennie sent her and Lisa off to their trip, she didn't do anything much besides cleaning up the apartment to keep herself busy and watch several movies from the ones she had downloaded on her laptop.

Anything, really, to stop herself from thinking about the fact that Y/n might just be minutes away from her, that the girl has been here for weeks and hasn't bothered to get in touch with Jennie, meaning she's over her.

She started her life here, after Jennie had tried so hard to move away from that place, and felt so bad about leaving Y/n behind.

And she's here now? Just like that?

Has she found herself a pretty girl, too?

Jennie presses her eyes closed; her own thoughts are hurting her.

"Jen? Hey... What's wrong?"

She didn't want to tell anyone.

What good would it make?

It's not urgent either. Sure, Jennie will drive herself crazy and cry about it for the next few days, easy, but just because she knows that Y/n has moved here doesn't mean she will have to face her anytime soon.

Heck, if she doesn't want to, she can avoid the other forever, cause Jennie's good at that, great, even.

Avoiding things, sweeping them under the rug, out of sight out of mind, yeah, Jennie can do that.

Besides; it's always about Jennie when they're together. About making sure Jennie gets over Y/n, about making sure Jennie sleeps enough.

"Nothing, Jisoo, promise," Jennie says. "How did your date go the other day? You never told me."

Jisoo doesn't look al that convinced, but she's not pressuring like Lisa and Roseanne are, so she drops it. "It... well, it went well? I can't believe I'm saying this. She's nice. Really nice."

Jennie's mouth drops open and she sits up a little. "No way! Are you gonna see her again?"

"I think so?"

"Holy shit! Jisoo, that's fucking great. Wait- And you have nothing to criticize about her? What about her nails?"

Jisoo snorts but she blushes. Jisoo fucking blushes. "Her nails were fine, you idiot."

"Dude, this is amazing! Please don't screw this up? Like really, this is the first time ever since I met you that you show a fraction of interest in someone."