~Chapter 5~

⚠️A bit of language⚠️
Chapter 5

Y/N's POV:

It's already been a week and I already texted my grandfather that I was staying over at someone else's house. He said it was fine but I do I have to meet my big brother since he is coming back from Malaysia.

"Y/N, have you seen the broom?" Soo-Ho asked. I grabbed the broom from the cupboard and threw it at him.

"Thanks." I returned to the counter and waited for customers. It was so boring and tiring since we had school right after this. In a blink of an eye, our shift was over and went to school. 

When I arrived I saw Nabi wearing her uniform and surrounded by a bunch of girls.

"Oh, hi Y/N!" Nabi waved at me and the other girls just ignored me and continued talking. I still waved back.

"Honestly Nabi, why would you hang out with Y/N? She is basically a boy at this point." The other girls laughed.

"Well, she sits next to me so and I wanted to make as much friends as I can." Nabi said. Good reason. Then one of the girls said something in Nabi's ear, making her turn to me with a weird expression. They told them about my parents didn't they? They do that to every new person in school so that I don't have anyone by my side.

"Okay every one settle down, you know that today we have a mock exam right?" The teacher said and everyone groaned.

"Come on now, pass these papers around and I'll tell you when to start." The teacher said while giving out the first pack to the first row.

"You now begin." The teacher said. I found almost every question easy,except the last one. If I didn't get this one right grandfather will not be proud of me, or my brother. I took a risky guess and hoped it was right.

"Okay, pens down and pass them to me. I don't trust you guys to mark them yourself." The teacher said.

"Jeez, I totally failed that one." Ye-na bragged. The other girls agreed.

"Hey Y/N, how did you do?" Nabi asked. I looked at her then to the other girls and back at her.

"You know if you want to stay popular and keep your parents happy, you have to stop talking to me. Or your reputation will fall." I said. Nabi thought about it for a second and went over to the other girls.

"I knew it.." I said to myself while putting my head down.

"Okay, so how did you do?" I looked up and it was Nabi. I was confused.

"What?" I raised a brow.

"How did you do on the test?" She said again.

"Oh, weren't you going over to the girls? To keep your reputation stable?" I questioned.

"I don't care about my reputation. It's only high school." I was relieved. Someone that actually cares.

"Sooo, how did you do on the test. I asked so many times and you still didn't answer." Nabi complained.

"I did alright, never thought it could be that easy. Except the last question. That was the hardest one." I said as she nodded.