~Chapter 11~

Chapter 11

Y/N's POV Before going in the elevator:

I came home from school and went to my bedroom before I was called to the kitchen.

"Yes Jun-so?" I said. While going to the kitchen. I paused before I walking in.

"F-father?" I dropped my phone on the ground while studying the scene in-front of me. Jun-so and my father both in the kitchen, smiling.

"Hey! My favourite daughter! How is my sweetheart doing?" My dad said while pinching my cheeks. I hated it but stopped my self from smacking his hand away.

"Fine." I said bluntly. If I continued to speak I would have bursted into tears, and I don't like crying.

"So mean?! To your own father." He shook his head. I saw a gun in his waist band which was very noticeable but I didn't say anything.

"Y/N, come and spend some quality time with your father?" I heard Jun-so say. I noticed his faint voice crack, showing that he is scared.

"Uhm, sure later. I just need to do something really quick." I said while slipping away quickly.

"Fuck fuck fuck." I whispered to myself. I'm not usually scared of people but my father and people like my father are the only people that send chills down my spine. I got changed and looked at the clock. It would be suspicious if I go to sleep at this time so I should do some homework.

"Y/N! Spend some time with your dear old dad! I'm not going to be here long anyways." Father said. I tried to ignore it but my body decided to respond my going downstairs. I wouldn't want to make him angry. Unlike my brother, I don't know how to hide my feelings. While Jun-so can stay calm and collective when someone picks a fight, I go crazy and go for the first punch. Same parents, complete opposites.

"Y/N!!" I'm annoying father now. I gotta go downstairs quickly before he blows up.

"Yes father?" I say, trembling. I can see Jun-so behind him gesturing to stay calm.

"Go out and get me some bear will you?" Father asks while handing me some money.

"Uhm, I'm too young." I said while giving the money back.

"Fine just get some juice or treat yourself to something. I don't need that stupid bear anyways." He said while walking away to the couch. Great, I annoyed him. I went out silently and went to the elevator.

~BACK TO THE PRESENT~

"I see." He said while looking around. I doubt he understands but I want him to understand.. is that weird?

"Is it weird?... for me wanting you to understand what I'm going through.. am I being selfish?" There was a slight pause before I felt a warm embrace.

"No.. and I may not know what you are going through but I will try, I will try to understand your feelings and emotions. I want to understand too." Si-eun said. It took me a while before I could hug back. I wanted to stay like this forever. Before my phone called.

"Jun-so." I saw the name on my phone. Si-run let go and let me take the phone.

"Hello?" I say.

"My dear daughter! Where are you? Come home and let's spend some time together." I hear a raspy voice say.

"Father.. why did you call me through Jun-so's phone?" I asked, seeing Si-eun a bit shocked, I gestured that I will tell him later.

"Just come home!" I heard his voice get louder.

"I can't, I'm stuck in an elevator." I say. I can just tell that he was getting really annoyed.

"Screw you." I heard before he hung up on me. I signed and put my phone down.

"Can I ask what happened?" Si-eun said. I shook my head no wanting to bother him further.

"Okay." He said back. We both sat in silence again but in a less awkward one.

"Tell me your problems." I said. I felt pretty bad for him because I just dumped all my problems onto him and I don't even know the slightest of his problems.

".. I can't find the meaning of life. When I see people walk around on the streets, having fun, being with their loved ones and already knowing meaning to life.. I always wonder how do they do that? I can't seem to do anything I enjoy. I'm starting to think that I was born to study and get good grades, that I'm an extra human god wanted as an extra." I listened very closely as what he said and gently held his hand.

785 words

Hello everyone, I know I said I will post chapter 11 as soon as possible but this is not as soon as possible. To be completely honest with you I forgot about it for a day and remembered it after a notification popped up. So I am very sorry for keeping you waiting and so sorry it's shorter than my other ones. But have a great day/night 👋