~Chapter 14~

Chapter 14

Si-eun's POV:

There was a knock at the door.

"That weird I didn't order anything." I stood up and went near the door, I was about to open it before,

BANG
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A loud gunshot was heard.

"Hello, police. We are here to ask some questions." I opened the door while Y/N was walking towards me.

"Hello?" I said while peeking out the door slightly.

"Hello sir, are you Park Si-eun?" The officer said. I nodded and felt Y/N's hands on my arm, she was trembling.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly to Y/N. She shook her head and held onto my hand.

"Mr Park, I believe that you are involved in the murder of Lee Kang-ho, your next door neighbour." He said. I was a bit confused.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember any murder happening but may I ask what that loud bang was before I opened the door." I asked the officer. He looked a bit annoyed since I was shifting the topic.

"There's a race near by happening and the loud bang was the the empty gun shooting to let the runners know they can start." The officer explained.
"But, back to the murder of your neighbour. We found evidence that the one that killed Mr Lee, actually intended to kill you and not Mr Lee." I was a bit taken back by the information but listened carefully.

"And what evidence shows this?" I asked.

"Well, the killer left a little note next to the dead body and it said, 'you deserve this Park Si-eun' and our system located only 2 Park Si-runs in this area, you and an old lady in her death bed, and it's quite obvious why we approached you first." The officer said. I started thinking who would want me dead but nothing came to mind, I mean Young-bin wants me dead but he doesn't even know where I live so he's off the list.

"Do you have any idea who might wanted to kill you?" The officer asked while pulling out a pen and paper.

"Uhm no I don-" I was interrupted by Y/N.

"I do." She then opened the door even more.
"My father, I have evidence." She then pulled out her phone. She showed the police some text messages. The officer took a picture of it and wrote down everything Y/N said.

"Thank you Miss. We appreciate your information." The officer said then left in a hurry. When we looked next to us, a caution tape was over my neighbour's door and two police men were standing next to it. As soon as I closed the door, I spun around to Y/N.

"What message did you show the officer?" I said worried.

"Well, last night my farther sent messages to me about how he's going to kill you and I guess he got the wrong house." She said while picking on her skin. I held her hand so she would stop.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. I was so worried for her and she could have been in danger because of me.

"I didn't want you to be worried or scared, I mean this all happens because of me and I thought I was protecting you but I was in fact making it worse." She continued on but before she could start talking nonsense I kissed her to make her stop talking. When I pulled away we were both red.

"This isn't your fault, and I get where you're coming from." I said to her. We were silent for a second before I realised what I just did.
"Oh- oh my god I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to kiss you I just thought if you continued to blame yourself it would never stop so just out of instinct I kissed you and I'm sorry-" I was interrupted by her laughing.

"Your doing the same thing." She started laughing again. I laughed with her a bit. I stopped laughing after a minute.

"Off topic but what are you gonna wear today?" I asked to change the atmosphere. She thought for a second while walking towards the living room.

"I don't know, wanna help me decide?" She asked while sitting down on the couch.

"Sure." I said and sat next to her. I started to feel a bit flustered because we were still holding hands. I guess she didn't notice since she was going on her phone. I started to admire how pretty she was. I never noticed her pink heart shaped lips before. She's so beautiful.

"So beautiful.." I muttered out.

"What did you say?" She asked looking at my direction.

"Oh noting." I quickly looked away and opened my phone.

"Okay." She then started to lean against me to the point her head is on my shoulder. Usually in this situation I would be panicking and become really hot, but this time it's different. I'm calm and collective. I feel safe, I feel more at peace. I feel loved. I don't think I ever felt this in a long time, ever even.

"Hey Y/N.."

"Yes?"

"I really like you."

"....me too."

"Really?"

"..yeah, I really like you too." We sat in silence feeling butterflies in our stomachs.

"Are you my girlfriend now?"

"Yes Si-eun." She giggle a bit.

"That's nice."

"Are you my boyfriend now?"

"Yes Y/N."

"Cool."

For the last couple of hours we sat in silence, enjoying each other's company.

921 words
Omg this is like the fastest I ever updated. And did you really think I was going to kill Si-eun off? That's just stupid to think, he's literally the main character. 🙄 anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the next one may or may not take longer to make. Have good day/night 👋