~Chapter 22~

Chapter 22
⚠️strong Language⚠️

Si-eun's POV:

It's been a few days since Y/N went to the mental hospital and I've been trying to keep myself busy. And to be honest, it's pretty hard.
Everyday is the same, Wake up, school, study, come home, study, sleep. That's it. Nothing new, nothing odd, nothing. The only abnormal thing is me taking a different route home so I could walk past the mental hospital once in a while. Now that I think about it, I think I'm being pretty hard on myself now, I'm only 17 (I think) I can't waste my life like this.

Then I remember what life was like before knowing Y/N and Su-ho... It was fucking shit.

"Si-eun?" I look up from my desk and saw dad.

"...yeah?" I say with a monotone voice.

"I've been calling your name for a minute straight. You were completely zoned out. Are you alright?" He asked tilting his head slightly.

"..yeah." I say then walked past him to go outside.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I left without responding to him. I honestly didn't know where I was going either. Maybe my mind will take me somewhere to calm me down.

Su-ho's POV:

I think I've been standing outside here for 30 minutes or so. I've been keeping busy with work and it kinda works but it's not the same.

I turned around to go home then was faced with Si-eun. I paused on my tracks and saw that he did too. I waved at him and he waved back.

"What are you doing out here so late?" I asked with a smile.

"I could ask you the same thing." He said. "More importantly." He started walking towards me. "What are you doing here?" I looked back at the mental hospital and back to Si-eun. I then shrugged knowing that I knew why I was here, I think Si-eun knew too.

"Let's get ramen." I said then dragging him to the nearest convenience store. This time, instead of pulling away like all those other times, he let me and even made an effort to stay by my side.

"All the shops are closed." He said with a low tone.

"Ahh...we can just, walk around." I said trying to lighten up the mood.

"In slippers?" He asked while looking down at my feet. "They're not even the same pair." He stated.

"Ahh...I know, hehe." I said a bit embarrassed. We walked for 15 minutes, mostly in silence.

"We have school tomorrow and it's already 1:30am." He said while checking his phone.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you love school." I said. I then stopped in my tracks and Si-eun did too.
"...see you at school." I said then walked down the alleyway next to me.

"..bye." He said then started walking away.

I love how Si-eun never asks reason for why people do what they do. Well, most of the time.

"Oh gosh..." I wiped my eyes and laughed at myself. "Such a crybaby." The tears didn't stop. I couldn't stop. Just bear with it. It's alright. It's okay. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine.

I took a deep breath and continued walking home.