Careers

Lizzie's P.O.V

I need to work for money and I can start small at a pizza place, but that is too boring, too predictable, too cliché. Back in my world, I am a star. I can act, sing and dance, the full package. Maybe I can start a singing career. Hmm...

'Marinette, do you think you can help me build a career?' I asked Marinette who sat at her desk working on a commission. 

'What do you wanna do?' Marinette asked while turning around to look at me. 

'Sing, I want to sing,' I said to Marinette, giving Mari the best puppy eyes I could, but it looked like I was constipated. 

'Maybe I can help, maybe you can talk to Luka, him being the world famous singer, SSSNAKE!' Mari replied in a very dramatic voice that made me laugh out loud, but even my laugh sounds constipated. 

Marinette's P.O.V

Thinking about it, maybe I want to start an official clothing store to design clothes. Hmm...

I took my phone out and looked through my contacts. Searching for Luka's. 

'Hello, Ma-Ma-Marinette,' a small chuckle hiding in Luka's sweet voice. 

'You remembered?' 

'How could I not? That was an amazing introduction.'

'It's just embarrassing, but that's not the point, I called you because Lizzie wants to start a singing career and I thought you would be perfect (purr-fect, I can't help myself) to help her, you know...' my voice with a hint of pleading trailed off into the evening. 

'Of course I can help, when would she like to meet?' 

'After school tomorrow,' I said while looking to Lizzie for confirmation. She moved her head in a nod. 

We talked about some details and ended the call. I told Lizzie everything. 

Luka's P.O.V

I can't wait to listen to Lizzie sing, she could be very good. 

Tonight, I have a date with Kagami. I picked up Kagami and we went to a very nice restaurant. As we took our seats, two people came in and written across Kagami's face was disgust. 

Lila Rossi and Adrien Agreste. 

I guess they started dating. Their melody was weird, Adrien was forced to date Lila because of his father while Lila just wants to use Adrien for his money, even she is fooled by her lies, thinking it is "genuine" feelings, but the melody never lies. This is going to be toxic. 

I turned back to the menu and looked at what I wanted to order. The night went on fine, the good thing was that Lila and Adrien didn't see us. Kagami and I had a lot of fun. Her melody played a gentle song that feels trapped, a song too perfect to be normal, forced into perfection, I try to help her set loose. 

The next day...

In a few minutes Lizzie will arrive and I might help her with a singing career. When she arrived, we exchanged greetings. 

'Maybe you can start by singing a song,' I suggested trying to warm up to her, we weren't the best of friends. Her melody played a strong song, one that means you shouldn't mess with her, but a layer of a sweet melody was hidden, she will care for people dear to her, but if you hurt them she will kill you with no remorse. 

'I actually prepared a few songs from where I come from,' Lizzie said while holding up her phone, 'A classic from where I come from, 'Rolling In The Deep'.' 

(The video above is the song 'Rolling In The Deep')

'That was amazing, you have a lot of talent,' I said while clapping his hands. 

'Thanks,' Lizzie replied while giving me a smile.

'Maybe I can contact Jagged Stone about this, my dad, he is helping me with my career, we're thinking of doing a collab, maybe we can collab to boost your popularity,' I suggested, Jagged would think her songs and her singing are very rock 'n' roll. 

'That's very kind of you, thank you!' her smile was very sweet, the sweet melody inside her was stronger. Now that I listen closer, her melody's main instrument is the cello and the piano.  

No one's P.O.V

Jagged was very pleased with Lizzie's skill and Lizzie sang a small part in Jagged's song. 

After recording, Lizzie went to Marinette's bedroom above the bakery and opened the small trap door. Looking inside, she saw Marinette hunched over her computer, beside her was the sewing machine she used for her outfits. 

'Hey Mari, what are you doing?' Lizzie said, startling Marinette as she tried to turn off her computer, but using her charm caused the room to be a mess, papers scattered on the floor. 

'Nothing!' Marinette replied while putting on a smile that would usually fool people who aren't her best friends, but Lizzie knew better than that. 

'Don't hide secrets from me, we swore to never hide secrets,' Lizzie stared at Marinette, hoping Marinette would break at her trying-to-intimidate-you-but-is-failing-miserably stare. 

'Ok, fine, while you were doing singing gigs, I wanted to have my own fashion company. So, I started my business online as MDC, and I asked Chloe to help me with the business side and sometimes help model. I didn't want you to feel left out because I couldn't think of anything for you to do, so I kept it a secret,' Marinette said, her expression was one of relief of letting this secret go. 

'Oh come on, you know I won't feel left out, but I do have an idea where I can help,' Lizzie said putting her hands on her hips, 'since I am so professional when it comes to music, maybe I can help with the background music for your website.' 

Marinette's face twisted into a smile, hugging Lizzie who returned the hug. They talked about the business, singing and stuff like that, and Lizzie proposed to compose a song for the website, just a background song, something soothing that won't take away the attention the outfits are supposed to have. 

The next day would be the day Lizzie's song with Jagged will be released, just after school. Marinette started getting commissions like crazy, every minute a new commission. 

Though the following days at school would not be so fun as MDC is now trending, the Akuma class aren't happy about it. 

Happy New Years. I am really glad you read this much, I really appreciate your support. Please comment if you have any opinions, I would really like to read your comments. Thank you!