It's Good To Be Back

The whole Ghost Crew greeted Ezra when he got off the ship. "Hey kid!", said Zeb while he wrapped him in a hug. "Good to see you too Zeb", Ezra managed to say while being squeezed by Zeb. Zeb let go and a man stepped up to Ezra. "Bridger, good to see you." "Glad to be back Kallus." "Ezra!", said Hera hugging him. "I've missed you guys so much." "Ezra I would like you to meet Jacean", said Hera motioning to a little boy. "Hey there little one", Ezra knelt down to talk to him. The boy's eyes grew wide, "You're The Ezra Bridger! My mom, Uncle Zeb and Kallus have talked a lot about you. Sabine avoids my questions about you though." Ezra glanced up at Sabine who put her helmet back on and looked off in the distance. Ezra brought his attention back to Jacean, "It's nice to meet you Jacean." 

That night at dinner everyone was joking and laughing when Hera motioned to Ezra. "Could we talk?" "Of course Hera." Hera led him into the cockpit and they sat down. "Ezra, Jacean is force sensitive and I was hoping you could train him. He is only five, but at least maybe you could teach about the force." "I don't know Hera, plus I don't even have my lightsaber." "Please Ezra, for Kanan." "Alright, but mostly for Kanan." Hera got up and smiled, "Thanks Ezra, Jacean will be lucky to have you as a teacher. And by the way Sabine has your lightsaber, she kept it for you." At that Hera walked away leaving Ezra alone. He got up and followed her to where everyone was gathered and eating dessert. Ezra sat down and Kallus handed him a piece of cake. "Hey Ezra, remember when we almost killed Chopper for waking us up when he turned on the light in the middle of the night?", asked Zeb. Ezra chuckled, "If I remember correctly, it was you who turned on the light and Chopper zapped you until you turned it off." Zeb's face turned red and everyone burst out laughing, except for Sabine. "Excuse me, but I need to go on a walk to clear my head", said Sabine abruptly. Sabine left and Zeb grunted, "What's her problem?" Ezra worryingly looked after Sabine, but stayed seated. He knew when Sabine wanted to be alone, it was best to leave her be for awhile. They continued talking and laughing until it was almost dark. Finally Hera said, "Alright Jacean bedtime." Jacean said goodnight to everyone before coming to Ezra last. "Ezra could you tell me a story before I go to bed?" Ezra smiled sadly, "Sorry little guy, but I need to go find Sabine." Jacean nodded and gave him a hug before going to bed. Hera scooted him out, but before she left she whispered, "Good luck with the Mandalorian." At that she went to put Jacean to bed.

Ezra walked outside and started to walk toward the communication/watch tower, his old home. He knew exactly where Sabine would be, he hadn't known her for such a long time to not know where she went to think. And sure enough Sabine was there, leaning over the railing and with her helmet off. Ezra went and stood next to her and he looked at the stars, "Beautiful night isn't it? Reminds me of when I was a kid, gazing at the stars." Ezra glanced over at Sabine who had her eyes shut and trying not to cry. Ezra put his arms around her and she sobbed quietly. "Hey, it's going to be all right", Ezra said gently. He looked down, "Sabine, Jacean said that you avoided his questions about me, why?" "Because I knew I would break down if I even said your name", Sabine said softly. They stood like that until Zeb came up. "Alright you two, Hera wants a crew meeting." They followed Zeb back to the Ghost and they all gathered in the main room of the ship. 

"All right guys I just got a message from Bail Organa, he needs all of us on a rescue mission", said Hera. "What's the mission?", asked Zeb. Hera glared at Zeb, "I was getting to it Zeb. Anyways we need to rescue an important person from the imperial prison. We need all hands on deck for this one. I'm leaving Jacean with Ryder." "Who is this important person?", asked Kallus. Hera turned to him, "Captain Rex. Kallus and Ezra will be stormtroopers and get Rex out. Sabine and Zeb will be backup. Chopper you're going with Ezra and Kallus. Now everyone get some sleep and get ready for tomorrow. You're dismissed." 

Everyone dispersed, but Hera motioned to Ezra to stay behind. "Yeah Hera?" "Ezra there's something you should know about this mission." "What?" "I didn't tell the rest of the crew, but there is another prisoner with Captain Rex." "Who?" "It's Sabine's dad, Aldrich. He has been helping the rebellion rebuild and he and Rex were captured getting supplies on Geonosis." "Why didn't you tell the rest of the crew?" Hera sighed, "I don't want Sabine to know, not yet. I feel if I tell the whole crew, that somehow Sabine will find out." Ezra grinned, "And if you know Sabine, she'll rush in to save her father without a second thought." Hera nodded, "Exactly. I wanted you to know though." "I won't tell until the time is right." "Thanks Ezra, now go get some sleep." They said goodnight and Ezra went to his room he shared with Zeb and Kallus. 

"Where were you?", asked Zeb. "Hera and I were discussing something, that's all." Zeb looked suspiciously at Ezra, but went back to fixing his Bo-Rifle. Ezra climbed into his top bunk and laid down. Kallus put his holopad down and climbed into his bunk as well. "Zeb could you finish your job later?", asked Kallus. Zeb grunted, "Fine, but don't blame me if I can't shoot anyone with my Bo-Rifle." Kallus rolled his eyes, "Ha Ha, now go to bed." Zeb put his Bo-Rifle down,  turned off the light and soon Ezra heard both of them snoring. He shook his head and grinned, it was good to be back.