Distant

Ezra and Sabine were tense with each other the rest of the week. Ezra was trying to make up with her, but Sabine was very angry with him and so Ezra tried with no success. One week after Mira left Sabine was working on the Ghost's hyperdrive when Ezra decided to talk with her. "Sabine we need to talk." "About what?", asked Sabine. "Sabine Mira, will come back, I believe it. She's not lost forever." "Ez, Mira has turned. And it's mostly your fault." "I know", Ezra said softly. "Ez, I'm going back to Mandalore for a bit. I need some time to think and be alone." Ezra nodded, "Alright." If Sabine would've looked up then she would have seen pain in Ezra's eyes. Ezra turned to go, "Be safe out there." At that he left. 

Jacean was levitating rocks when Ezra walked by. "Master is something wrong?" "No, just going to go work on something." Sabine left the next day and Jacean noticed his Master was more distant. He approached his Master who was working on the speeder that they used. "Uh Master can we talk?" "Sure", said Ezra under the speeder. Jacean took a deep breath, "About Mira, you said she was the key to defeating Snoke and the Sith. How?" "I don't really know Jacean. Your dad said no one will understand until the time comes." Jacean nodded, "You and Sabine, are you mad at each other?" Jacean watched as his Master's eyes filled with pain, "Yes. Sabine blames me for Mira's turning to the dark side and I don't blame her. I should've tried to stop it." "But dad said it would change things for the worse if you tried." "I know, but my wife is angry at me and my daughter is evil." "Try calling her", suggested Jacean. "Which one?" "Either, Sabine more preferably." "All right", Ezra pulled out his comm and called Sabine. 

Sabine was in her room when she picked up Ezra's call, "Ez what are you calling me for?" "I just wanted to apologize Sabine", said Ezra. "Well don't", Sabine said and hung up. She slammed the comm down, if she was honest she missed her husband. Sabine was really mad at herself for allowing this to happen. She put her face in her hands and cried. 

Ezra stared at the comm in his hand and put it away. Ezra pulled out a necklace and handed it to Jacean, "Maybe you can find a lucky girl to give this to." Ezra patted his shoulder and walked away. Jacean noticed it was a carving of Sabine's starbird. He flipped it over and saw an engraving on the back, 'I will always be here for you my Cyar'ika. I love you.' Jacean knew he couldn't give this to anyone and he decided to keep it until the time was right to give it to Ezra again. 

Ezra walked aimlessly through the fields. He had thought about killing himself with a lightsaber, but he resisted it. Sabine was his life and deep inside a part of him was missing when she was gone. She had left him, because of what he had done and he didn't blame her. He kicked the dirt and unclipped his lightsaber and again resisted the urge. Jacean needed him, even if Sabine didn't love him anymore. He walked back to camp where everyone was eating. He silently grabbed some water and sat down alone at a table. Rex slid in across from him, "Hey there Ezra, I heard about what happened. Really sorry about that, with Mira and then Sabine I mean." Ezra looked up with a sad smile, "Thanks Rex." Rex gulped down some soup and then spoke, "So what are you going to do?" "I really don't know. Maybe go to Mandalore and try to fix it with Sabine." Rex nodded, "Good luck if you do." "Thanks Rex." Ezra then decided right there to do just that. 

Sabine was very distant at home and everyone was worried for her. Tristan and Ursa were trying to get her to talk about it, but failed. Kylee was having a hard time as well. She and Sabine had always been close, but Sabine still wouldn't share. So when Ezra arrived everyone was excited. As soon as he set a foot down on Mandalore he was bombarded with questions. Ezra explained about Mira and everything. After everyone was quiet. Ezra nervously fingered his pockets waiting for an answer. His hand brushed against something and he looked down, the necklace. Jacean must've slipped it back to him before he had left. Tristan pounded the table and stood up, "How could you?" He left with Ursa behind him. Ezra pulled out his lightsaber and again was tempted to end it when a voice interrupted him, "I haven't left yet." Ezra turned to Kylee who was still sitting down, "Why aren't you joining the others? It's what I deserve anyway." "No, I believe that you were just trying to do the right thing. Mom and Tristan believe you too, but they are just not showing it. Same with Sabine. I know she is mad at herself more than you." Ezra clipped his lightsaber back on, "Kylee I don't have a reason to live without Sabine. If she doesn't love me anymore then it doesn't matter if I die." Kylee shook her head, "That's not true, what about your Padawan?" "Well maybe", Ezra said softly. He got up, "I'll be around." Kylee watched him go and she sighed, she was going to have to fix this one. 

She went up to go find her sister. Sabine was in her room when Kylee knocked, "Sis can I come in?" "Sure." Kylee walked in and sat next to her. "Ezra told us the story, mom and Tristan weren't to happy." Sabine sighed, "I figured. I'm just not ready to forgive him yet." "I understand. But you might want to talk to mom and Tristan to calm then down." Sabine nodded, "I will." Sabine did calm them down and they forgave Ezra readily. As for Sabine, she still wouldn't talk with him. Ezra didn't try to invade her space, but still tried to talk to her.

Ezra didn't try to press, but he still was watching her silently. Ezra finally decided to talk to Sabine, so he went to go find her. She was in the gallery looking at some old Mandalorian armor when he did. "Sabine can we talk?" "I would rather not." Ezra continued anyways, "Sabine, Mira will not be gone forever. She is the key to defeating them somehow. I don't how exactly, but I trust Kanan and what he says." Sabine turned toward Ezra and looked down, "Ezra I want to believe you, but Mira is our daughter and-and..." Sabine was too choked up to continue and Ezra pulled her into a hug, "I know how you feel. And it was my fault, if I had taught her more or..." "Ez it's not your a fault. I shouldn't have blamed you. I guess I was just so upset." They held each other close for awhile, while Kylee watched from a distance. She smiled, Ezra and her sister were back together