An Old Friend

1 Month Later:

Sabine nervously fingered her blasters. They were yet on another mission. Ezra gave her a signal and they crept forward. They were on Felucia trying to steal crucial plans from an enemy base. It was the whole ghost crew on this mission. Hera and Chopper were on the Ghost ready to pick up. The rest of the crew was making their way to the command center and they were making good time. They made their to the door and Ezra motioned for everyone to stop. "Sabine open the door and the rest of us be ready to rush in", Ezra whispered. Sabine got to work and the door slid open. They rushed in and took care of the troopers quickly. Sabine set down and started to download the information. Ezra's attention was drawn to a hologram disk sitting on the table. He put it into his pocket and decided to look at it later. "All set", said Sabine. "Let's get out then", said Rex. They made it to the Ghost and were soon in hyperspace. 

"Easier mission than usual", said Zeb. "Yes, luckily we weren't spotted", said Kallus. "So Hera what are the plans about?" Hera plugged in the file, "Thrawn's bases and ships and where they're located." She pointed to one of the ships in the files, "That ship is very dangerous, we need to know it's every move. Now with this file we will always know where it is." "Great, but why not blow it up?", asked Zeb. "Because it has highly dangerous weapons and high security", said Hera. "It'll take a few hours back to Lothal. For now everyone rest." Hera dismissed them and everyone dispersed. 

Ezra went into his and Sabine's room and took out the hologram disk. He turned it on and a figure appeared, "This is Ketsu Onyo, I need help. I have things under control for now, but I need help. Sabine if you are there, please help." The recording ended and Ezra saw it was recorded just a day ago. He called Sabine over and showed her the recording. "Do you know her Sabine?" "Yes, an old friend of mine. We haven't been in contact for years though." "So are we helping her?" Sabine nodded, "Yes." They arrived at Lothal and packed the Phantom to go. In a hour they were ready to go. Ezra put the ship in hyperspace, "Never been to Courascant." "Once for me, a long time ago." In 5 hours they were there. 

"So where do we look?", asked Ezra. "Number 20 back street alley." "How do you know?" "Ketsu and I always met at a street with 20 in it." "Why?" "Tradition." They made their way through the dark and damp streets until they were at the alley. A figure in armor stepped out of the shadows, "Sabine! Good to see you...Sabine duck!" Sabine ducked and Ketsu sent blaster fire toward Ezra. Ezra was caught off guard, but managed to deflect several shots, but one hit him in the shoulder. Ezra dropped his lightsaber in pain and Sabine grabbed the lightsaber Ezra had built for her. She put herself between Ketsu and Ezra, "Ketsu, not one step further", Sabine warned. Ketsu growled, "That is a Jedi. No Mandalorian should be defending one, they should be killing them." Sabine tightened her grip on the lightsaber, "Ketsu, it's fine. He's my friend and..." Ketsu laughed, "Friend? When did Sabine Wren call a Jedi a friend. Especially when the Jedi killed your sister?" "Sabine? What does she mean?", asked Ezra holding his shoulder. "Oh you didn't know Jedi?", asked Ketsu. "Your Jedi family killed Sabine's older sister. She was trying to defend some Mandalorian friends and the Jedi killed all of them, including her sister." Sabine was angry now, "Ketsu just leave." "No Sabine. I want the Jedi dead and so should you." Ketsu tackled Sabine, "Why defend this Jedi scum? He deserves to die. His family killed your sister!" Sabine pushed Ketsu off her, "Because he's my husband", yelled Sabine. Ketsu stumbled back, "Husband?" Sabine caught her breath, "Yes." Ketsu lunged, "Traitor!" Ezra was ready though and he force pushed Ketsu into a wall knocking her out. He struggled to stand, "Sabine, is what she said, was it true?" Sabine looked away, "I don't want to talk about it Ez." "Okay. But what are we going to do with Ketsu?" "Bring her prisoner with us for now." Ezra nodded, "You're going to have to carry her. My shoulder is in too much pain." Sabine picked her unconscious friend up, "Let's go." They walked back to the Phantom and headed to Lothal. 

Sabine tied Ketsu up so she couldn't escape. Ezra meanwhile was trying to inspect his shoulder, "Uh Sabine, we might have a problem." "What Ezra?", Ezra could tell she was in no mood to talk. "My shoulder, I think the blaster shot drilled in the bone. It's really painful." Sabine walked over and looked at the wound, "Yep, you'll need to wrap it." Sabine got the medical wrapping and wrapped his shoulder up, "There, that should do it." Ezra looked at Sabine, "Sabine can I ask on question? Which Jedi killed your sister?" "I don't want to talk about these things." "Fine. I won't ask." Sabine finished the wrap, "I'm going to go lie down." She left leaving Ezra in deep thought. 

They got back to Lothal and put Ketsu in a cell. Then Ezra told Hera what happened, "Do you know anything about it?" "Bits and pieces. Some Jedi hated Mandalorians and killed a whole village of them. Sabine's sister died trying to defend herself and friends." "Maybe I should ask Ketsu." "Maybe. She might tell you." Ezra headed to the cells and went to Ketsu's cell. "Here to kill me Jedi?" "No. Just a few questions. First which Jedi killed Sabine's sister?" "A Jedi called Mace Windu." Ezra had heard about him. Fierce, harsh and sometimes a bit cruel. "Alright so when did it happen?" Ketsu glared at him, "Why do you want to know?" "Because I need to know." "Fine. When Sabine and I were 13." "Was Sabine close to her?" "Very. Best friends. Even though her sister was 5 years older." "Last question then I'll stop. Did it change Sabine?" "Jedi, it changed her alright. She became more guarded with her emotions and set out to kill the Jedi. She never caught Mace, but she killed quite a few Jedi." "Thanks Ketsu." Ketsu narrowed her eyes, "I'm surprised Sabine married a Jedi, after all they did to her." Ezra walked away and spent his time walking back to base.