An Ally

Thrawn's ship the Killer Croc: "Grand Admiral Thrawn we have ships coming out of hyperspace." "No doubt the rebels and their fleet", said Thrawn spitefully. "Ready the guns and fire when ready. I want no survivors."

In another part of the ship: "Sabine come on", said Ezra defending her while she decoded the door. "Almost got it, there!", Sabine opened the door to be only met by a whole squadron of troopers and Admiral Yularen. "Lower your weapons Jedi!", said Admiral Yularen. Ezra and Sabine reluctantly dropped their weapons and the stormtroopers handcuffed them. Sabine stared at Yularen, he looked familiar. Suddenly two white lightsabers came into view slashing at the troopers. Many fell behind the blades until only four stormtroopers remained protecting Admiral Yularen. Ashoka stepped out and released them and turned to the Admiral, her gaze harsh and blazing with anger. "Who the devil are you?", asked Admiral Yularen. Ashoka crossed her arms, "You don't recognize me do you?" "Should I?" Ashoka growled, "Forget that quick do you Mr. Caution?" Yularen reeled, he hadn't been called that for years and only by Anakin Skywalker, Captain Rex and Ashoka Tano. "Ashoka Tano?" Ashoka narrowed her eyes, "Yes it's me." "You're so much older and have a new color of lightsabers." "I've also grown wiser, unlike you and see the Empire for who they really are", snapped Ashoka. "Now if you would please let us go." "No he can't", said a familiar voice. Thrawn emerged and troopers rushed in and captured them. "Bring Master Bridger to the interrogation room along with Sabine. Throw Master Tano in a cell for now, we'll deal with her later. Coming Admiral Yularen?" Yularen looked at Ashoka and sighed, Yes Thrawn." He followed Thrawn to the interrogation room where they were strapping Ezra to the wall.

"Sir, should we strap the girl to the wall too?" "No, make her watch her loved one suffer", said Thrawn smiling victoriously. Thrawn grabbed an electro-stun staff and raised it up, "Now you shall tell me the headquarters of the rebellion", growled Thrawn. Ezra looked up determination in his eyes, "No. Not on my life." Thrawn grinned, "Very well", he stabbed the staff into Ezra. Ezra cried out in pain and tried to resist it. "Very admirable of you, but you shall suffer." Thrawn set the staff on higher voltage and thrust again. Ezra felt his head spin from pain, but stayed conscious. Thrawn turned the dial higher and thrust again and again. Ezra felt pain course through his body and he gritted his teeth. Sabine watched helplessly as Thrawn hurt the one she loved most, "Please stop! You'll kill him!" Thrawn turned on her, "Exactly. Two more thrusts and he shall be dead." He set the dial second to the most powerful voltage and handed it to Yularen who had been observing quietly. "One strike for you, killing strike for me." "No please, for Anakin, Rex and Ashoka, please don't", Sabine was sobbing now and fell to her knees. Yularen didn't know if his compassion for this girl or the mention of his old friends changed his mind, he would never know. Maybe a mixture of both, he decided to not stab Ezra, but Thrawn. He stepped up, looking as if he was going stab Ezra and then he turned and pushed the staff into Thrawn. Thrawn fell unconscious and Yularen did a quick job of the other stormtroopers. He unlocked Sabine's cuffs and she ran to Ezra and freed him. Ezra slumped to the ground, he was unconscious because of all the pain. Yularen looked down the halls, "We're clear, let's go free Ashoka." Sabine lifted Ezra up, he was heavy, "Alright." Yularen led them through the hallways to the cell block and stopped. "You stay here, I'll go get Tano." Yularen walked up to the troopers standing guard, "Thrawn wants the prisoner." The guard nodded, he unlocked the cell and brought Ashoka out. "Would you want us to help escort her?" "No, no I handle this crazy one." He pushed Ashoka and walked her down the hall and pushed her around the corner. Then he unlocked her cuffs and Ashoka smiled, "Thanks Yularen. And by the way that is the only time you're ever live to call me a "crazy one." "Come, we must hurry. Your Jedi friend is injured and we must get to safety." Yularen led her around a corner and Ashoka gasped, "Ezra!" Sabine looked up anxiously, "Could you carry him, he's pretty heavy for me." Ashoka nodded and picked him up, "Let's go." "Wait", said Yularen. "What you were planning to do?" "Plant detonators and blow the ship up", said Sabine. Yularen grinned, "I've got it covered." As they made their way to the hanger Yularen punched buttons on his screen. "There, ship will detonate in 5 minutes." They hurried to the hanger and managed to get a ship. Yularen jumped into the pilot's seat, "Hold on tight, it's going to be close!" The ship started to fall apart and Yularen maneuvered out of the debris. The ship managed to get out just as the Star Destroyer blew up. Yularen put the ship in hyperspace and turned around, "Where to?" Ashoka walked to the navigation computer and punched in coordinates, "Lothal." "How is your Jedi friend?" "Still out. Sabine is still with him." Yularen nodded, "They're married aren't they?" "Yeah, almost for 2 months. I'm going to go check on him." Ashoka made her way to the back and walked into the small med bay.

Sabine watched anxiously for Ezra to wake up. Ezra groaned, "Did I get hit by a Star Destroyer?" Sabine rolled her eyes, "Very funny Ez." Ezra grinned, "You know me, the jokester." Ashoka walked in and smiled, "Glad you're awake." They filled Ezra in on what had happened and of Yularen's help. "That's good", said Ezra. "Did Thrawn escape?" "Don't know, we were just trying to get out", said Ashoka. Suddenly Ashoka's commlink beeped, "Ashoka here", she answered. "Congrats you guys", said Hera. "We destroyed the rest of the fleet and Ryloth is free." Ashoka explained what happened and said they were on their way. "Good and Yularen will be a great asset for the rebellion", said Hera. Hera said goodbye and ended the call. Ashoka turned to Ezra, "Things are looking up."