Funeral And Proposal

Ezra was in his room and he was thinking. He wanted to ask Sabine to marry him when they got back to Lothal. He looked at the rings in his hand, one was his mother's engagement ring and the other two were his parents wedding rings. He decided to ask Tristan for permission, he hoped it would be yes. He set out to find Tristan and found him in the gardens. "Hey Tristan can we talk for a sec?" "What's up Ezra?" "What I am about to ask for is kind of big." "Shoot." "I would like your permission and your mom's of course to ask Sabine to marry me." Tristan grinned, "I knew Sabine liked you. You have my full permission. And I'm sure mom will agree. I'll ask in the morning." "Thanks Tristan." Ezra got up, and went to his room full with excitement. 

The next morning Tristan pulled him aside, "It took a bit of convincing, but mom gave her permission as well. When are you going to ask her?" "When we get back to Lothal." Tristan smiled, "Good luck." They then went to breakfast. 

The funeral was that afternoon and it was very emotional. At the end everyone laid a flower on the coffin and then the coffin was lowered into the ground. And then only the family were there to watch it being buried. Ezra laid a flower down gently and then went to stand by Tristan. Sabine was next and she laid her flower gently on the coffin. She stood up and walked over to Ezra. She leaned into him and he wrapped her in a hug. She buried her face into his cloak and sobbed quietly. Ursa was last and she showed no emotion. So that's where Sabine gets it, Ezra thought. Then the coffin was lowered and people started to leave. At last the Wrens and Ezra were the only ones standing there. Ezra pulled away from Sabine, "This is for your family. I'll be around if you need me." Sabine nodded, too chocked up for words. Ezra left and he decided to go meditate in the garden. 

A little while later Tristan came and sat down next to him. Without opening his eyes Ezra asked, "Is it over?" "Yes, mom is in her room and Sabine is still at dad's grave." Ezra nodded, not moving. "I've always wanted to fight a Jedi, would you want to spar?" Ezra smiled, "It would be a pleasure." They headed to the training room and began. Both of them had a fighting pole and were very talented. But Ezra was stronger and more trained and after awhile he defeated Tristan. Ezra helped him up, "Good job, you would be a good Jedi." "Thanks, but I still need to work on it I see", said Tristan. They went their separate ways and Ezra went to his room to change. When he was changed his commlink lit up. "Bridger here." "Ezra, how did it go?", asked Hera. "Okay, Sabine is still at the gravesite." "How long until you're heading back?" "Tomorrow I think." "Great, see you soon." Ezra said goodbye and clicked it off. 

That night Ezra still couldn't sleep and he again went to go mediate somewhere. As he passed Sabine's room he heard her cry out. Without a moments hesitation he ran in. Sabine was sleeping, but she was sweating and tossing and turning. Ezra closed the door behind him and walked over to Sabine. "Sabine, wake up!", he said gently. Sabine woke up with a start and started to cry. Ezra held her tight and didn't let go until she fell asleep again. He then laid her head back down and pulled the covers over her. He then left silently and went go meditate in the garden. 

The next day Sabine and Ezra left for Lothal. They said goodbye and then headed to Lothal. Sabine was quiet most of the trip and didn't say much. Ezra had asked about the dream, but Sabine seemed guarded, so he didn't press. Almost halfway there Sabine spoke up, "It was my dad. I was reliving his death and there was nothing I could do to stop it." Sabine faltered and couldn't continue. Ezra reached over and touched her lightly on the cheek, "It's not your fault Sabine Wren, and don't you forget it." The rest of trip was silent and Ezra used that time to figure out how to propose to Sabine. He decided to wait a week to ask and finally the night came. Ezra was nervous and he fingered the ring in his pocket. Only Hera knew his plan and that was it. He took a deep breath, this was it. 

He walked over to where Sabine was playing catch with Jacean and Zeb. "Sabine, would you want to take a walk?" Sabine smiled, "I would love to." They walked to their favorite spot overlooking Lothal. Ezra turned toward Sabine, "Sabine Wren, I have come to love you more than anything in this world. Would you do me the honor of marrying me?" He got down on one knee and held out the ring to her. Sabine was speechless but quickly recovered, "Yes Ezra Bridger, I accept." Ezra slipped the ring on her finger and they kissed as the sun set behind Lothal's fields and hills.

Ezra and Sabine made their way back to base where Hera was waiting for them. Hera smiled, "I see you accepted", she said gesturing to the ring on Sabine's finger. "Congratulations", Hera hugged Sabine and then Ezra. Jacean came over and looked at his mom, "Mom what are you saying congratulations for?" "Ezra and Sabine are engaged." "What does that mean?" Ezra knelt down, "That means we are getting married." "Really!", shouted Zeb who heard Ezra. He walked over clapped Ezra on the back, almost knocking him over. "Congratulations Bridger", said Kallus. Rex who was still there smiled, "I wondered when it would happen." "I think this calls for a celebration", said Hera. "I made some cupcakes if anyone wants them." Jacean still looked confused, "Master does this mean you won't train me?" Ezra laughed, "No, no Jacean. Of course I will, but it just means Sabine will be my wife." "Oh!", said Jacean. "Okay, now can we have cupcakes?", asked Jacean. Everyone burst out laughing. Sabine smiled and leaned against Ezra, she still missed her dad, but she was happy. Happy to be with her family and her soon to be husband.

So hope you like it so far. Next chapter is going to be about the wedding, but then after I'm going to bring Thrawn back! Enjoy!-anikinandpadme