The New Weapon

Darth Reaves bowed to Snoke, "I will kill them my Master. Ezra and Sabine Bridger will die."

Ezra and Sabine were back on Lothal trying to take down the First Order. Ezra and Jacean were sparring when they were called to a meeting. They rushed to command and Hera smiled when they arrived, "Good we can start." Hera pointed to a location on the map, "There, Snoke is here. Darth Reaves is there. Now we need to attack on of their ships, but which one?" Ezra thought about it, "Snoke first. Kill the leader and the whole order will surrender. And maybe Mira will turn." Hera nodded, "I'll contact General Organa and let her know." Sabine grabbed Ezra and pulled him away, "Ez we can't just kill our daughter!" "If we kill Snoke then we can focus on Mira." Sabine sighed, "I just don't want Mira to be hurt." "I know, but she'll come back to us, I promise." Ezra hugged his wife and Sabine smiled, "At least I have you. I would go crazy if you disappeared on me again." Ezra grinned, "How about this evening we have some private time?" Sabine smirked, "I would love nothing more."

That night the Ghost crew ate together which was rare. After dinner Sabine and Ezra went to their room to have some alone time. Ezra closed and locked the door behind him and then joined his wife on the bed. Sabine cuddled next to him and took her sketchpad and started to draw. Ezra looked down at what his wife was drawing, it looked like them. They both felt the ship jump into hyperspace and knew they were off. They would arrive in a few days, but Sabine and Ezra wanted to spend that time alone with each other since it rarely happened. Sabine felt Ezra shift and looked over at him. He was picking up a notepad which had been knocked out of place when the ship jumped. She immediately recognized it in and tried to grab it from him, "Ezra give it back this instant!" Ezra dodged her and chuckled, "Why, is their something private in here?" But he handed it back to Sabine anyways, he knew how important her private things were to her. Sabine went back to her drawing and Ezra watched silently. Ezra suddenly pulled something out of his pocket, "Here, it's for you to replace the one you gave back to Kylee." Sabine took it and her eyes filled with tears, "Thank you." Ezra put it on her and smiled, "You look beautiful." They spent the rest of the night together and fell asleep in each others arms.

The next day was a quiet day on the Ghost. But that afternoon Ezra was playing Sabacc with Rex when he felt a surge of pain through the force. It jolted him and he dropped his cards in shock. Rex looked up in alarm, "Ezra what's wrong!?" Ezra sprang up and rushed to Sabine and his cabin and tried to open it. It was locked. He tried bypassing the lock, but Sabine had deadbolted the door. He knocked, "Sabine! Are you all right!?" No answer. Ezra stretched out through the force and felt her in the room. He tried to knock again, but Sabine didn't unlock it. He dejectedly walked back to the table where Rex was looking at him worryingly, "Is everything okay?" Ezra shook his head, "I don't know. I felt a wave of deep pain in the force." 

Dinner and Sabine had not come out. Ezra got a plate or her and went to their room. He tried the door again and this time it opened. He walked cautiously in and saw Sabine huddled in the corner with her knees drawn in her chest and her head buried in her arms. He set the plate down and knelt beside her, "Sabine what is it?" Sabine didn't reply, but instead threw him a holopad with a message from her mom;

"Sabine you need to see this article immediately." 

Below was a clipping, "Huge weapon burns whole Clan Rook to death. Named the Duchess and created by a cadet. First Order kills almost the whole Clan and says that they are upgrading the weapon for further use."

Ezra set the holopad down and gathered his distraught wife in his arms. He let her sob for awhile and stroked her hair. Sabine settled down and took a shaky breath, "I thought we destroyed it. I thought my weapon was gone." Ezra frowned, "The First Order must've gotten the blueprints. Maybe Darth Reaves found it." Sabine shook her head, "Ez I destroyed the evidence." Sabine angrily stood up and threw her helmet at the wall. Ezra watched his wife throw her helmet again and again. "I'm surprised that helmet has held up that long with you slamming it all the time." Sabine growled, "It's made of Beskar, so it won't break." Ezra stood up and put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm glad it is, or you would be going through a lot of helmets." Sabine wiped her eyes quickly, "I just want our daughter back and my past choices to go away." "Even our marriage?", asked Ezra mischievously. "No of course not. I mean the choices before I became part of the Ghost Crew." "I know", Ezra said softly. Sabine still had never told him much detail about her past, even though they had been married for awhile now. Ezra never pushed, he knew Sabine well and that she was guarded even with him. He pulled her to him, "I love you my Cyar'ika." Sabine smiled sadly, "Me too."

The next morning Sabine was up early to dye her hair. She sat down and tried to decide what colors to do. Ezra walked in and grinned, "New color?" Sabine nodded, "I'm trying to decide which colors." "May I?", asked Ezra. Sabine never let anyone choose the color, let alone dye it except for Ezra. She shrugged, "Sure, nothing to dull though." Ezra then did something unexpected, he blindfolded her, "Relax Sabine, just try to calm down." Ezra picked out 3 colors and set to starting. He colored the roots and top with the first color and then massaged it in. Sabine felt herself relax and she smiled, "Thanks Ez." Ezra did the same with the middle and bottom and finally washed it out, leaving it nice and soft. He removed the blindfold and Sabine gasped, it was normal colors, but in a special way. The top was light purple, Sabine's favorite color. The middle was orange, Ezra's favorite color and the bottom was white, representing their marriage. Sabine ran her hands through it and smiled, "Ez, I love it." "Sabine I know how important your art is to you, it's your way to express yourself. I want you to know how important you are to me and this is my way of showing it in the art world." Sabine hugged Ezra, "It's perfect, your best work yet." "Better then the stick figure I drew the other day?", smirked Ezra. Sabine playfully punched him in the arm, "Ezra Bridger!" Their touching moment was interrupted by Hera's voice on the speaker, "We are almost at location. Get your weapons ready." Ezra kissed his wife and then they both went to get ready.