Ketsu

Ezra packed his bag and then went on his holopad to research something important. About 20 minutes later Sabine came in and she got her bag packed as well. Ezra turned around, "What were you wanting to talk about earlier?" Sabine stopped what she was doing, "My past", she said quietly. Ezra leaned back in his chair, "Do you want to talk about it now?" Sabine went back to her packing and didn't say anything for awhile. Finally she zipped up her bag and set it near the door next to Ezra's. "I'm going to go get changed", Sabine said picking up her clothes. She left and Ezra changed into sweatpants and a light T-shirt, his usual sleeping wear. He sat on the bed and kept researching his important subject. 

Sabine came in and set her armor out in order. She then laid next to Ezra and leaned her head against the backboard. Ezra looked over at her and smiled, she was so beautiful. Sabine ran a hand through her hair, "I don't want anymore people dying because of my weapon." Ezra wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "And they won't", he said firmly. "We're going to get rid of it for once and for all." Sabine pulled her knees to her chest, "I feel so useless sometimes." "I know how you feel", said Ezra. "When Kanan was blinded, when we thought Ashoka died, when Kanan was killed and so many other times." Sabine leaned into him, "I would never forgive myself if one of my family members were killed by it." Ezra thought about what he was researching, "Sabine, I was researching about Ketsu." "Why?" "As a bounty hunter she knows the ins and outs of the sewers. She could be a great help during the mission." Sabine sighed, "Alright, I'll call her in the morning. But first you and I need to talk." "About what?" Sabine looked down, "My past." 

Ezra nodded slowly, he knew how big this was for Sabine to open up to somebody about this. Sure she was the most open about her feelings to him than any other person, but she always avoided talking about her past. "Are you sure?", asked Ezra. Sabine took a shaky breath, "Yeah." Ezra watched silently and waited for her to start when she was ready. "I uh, was 13 when Kylee was supposedly killed...", Sabine stopped and started to cry. Ezra held her protectively while she sobbed. "I'm sorry Ez, I can't do it", said Sabine crying. "Shh, it's all right", said Ezra comfortingly. He rubbed her back gently until she had gathered herself again. 

Sabine couldn't believe she had let herself break down, even after only saying one sentence. She was at angry at herself for being weak and not being strong like a Mandalorian should. "Hey it's all right to be real with me", said Ezra like he read what she was thinking. Sabine sighed, "I know, I just don't like feeling weak. I was trained to be fierce and strong." Ezra nodded, "I understand, but you're not a regular Mandalorian." Sabine rolled her eyes, she was starting to feel a little better, "I don't need to be reminded of that." Ezra chuckled, "That's why I love you." Sabine let go of Ezra and laid down. Ezra joined her and soon both were fast asleep. 

Ezra woke up in a sweat. The same dream, a fire and fear. He got out of bed quietly making sure not to wake Sabine. He put on his robes and slipped out of the room. He made his way to the kitchen where he surprisingly found Kylee sipping a cup of caf. "Kylee what are you doing up?", he asked confused. Kylee raised an eyebrow, "Ezra I always get up at 5:00AM." "Oh, I didn't check the time." Kylee handed him a cup of caf, "And what are you doing up?" Ezra took the cup gratefully and took a sip before answering, "Visions, nightmares or whatever you call them in Mandalore." Kylee nodded, "Here in Mandalore we call them dreams." They stood in silence until Kylee asked, "May I ask what it was about?" Ezra shrugged, "Not much to tell, fire and fear." Kylee nodded, but didn't say anything. "I'm going to go read in the library", said Ezra walking toward the library. Kylee watched him go and shook her head, he was strange sometimes. She wondered why her little sister ever fell in love with him.

Sabine woke up and rolled over to see the opposite bed empty. It was 6:00 and she figured Ezra had gotten up early for some reason. She made herself get up and dressed. She took out her communicator out and hesitated before dialing Ketsu's number. A few minuets later Ketsu's familiar figure appeared, "Sabine, why are you calling me?" "We need your help." Ketsu frowned, "Is your Jedi friend going to be there?" "He is my husband Ketsu." Ketsu grunted, "Fine, but I never am going to trust him." "Ketsu before I tell you what the mission is about, you have to promise not to shoot Ezra." Ketsu sighed, "Fine." Sabine nodded, "Alright let me tell you what this about."

Sabine ended the call and let out a relived breath. Ketsu had agreed to help and she was on her way to Krownest and was arriving around 9:00AM. She pocketed her communicator and went to find Ezra. She found him and filled him in on what had happened. Ezra grinned, "Glad she agreed to help. Plus maybe we could fix some of her trust issues." Sabine crossed her arms, "Good luck. She's even tougher than me." Ezra smirked, "I think I can tackle the challenge. Sabine rolled her eyes, "Come on, we need to fill the others in on the news." 

At 9:00 o'clock sharp Ketsu's ship arrived and Sabine greeted her, "Ketsu!" Ketsu smiled, "Sabine!", she hugged her friend. In her heart she had missed her best friend. Sabine pulled away and nodded to the rest of her family, "Let's do this."