Jail Break

"Everyone in their stations!", yelled Hera. They were arriving at the imperial jail and she needed everyone at their spots. Everyone scrambled into different seats and got ready to land. They landed a few miles from the prison and everyone sighed, they hadn't been spotted. "Kallus, Ezra get ready to go!", yelled Hera. Sabine approached her, "Hera I need to go as well." "Fine, get ready." Sabine nodded and ran off to get ready. A few minuets later they were all ready. "Remember you goal is to get Rex and Aldrich out, nothing more", said Hera. They nodded and headed out. 

As they made their way through the woods Kallus walked near Ezra. "Bridger what was your dream about last night?" "I would rather not talk about it." Kallus raised an eyebrow, "Very well, I won't ask." They continued on until they arrived at the jail. "Show time", said Ezra. A stormtrooper approached them, "Credentials." They handed them over hoping that it would work. "You're cleared", the stormtrooper said handing their credentials back. They walked in and heard the heavy, metal door shut behind them. "There's no turning back now", Kallus murmured. "They should be in cell block 2B", Kallus said. "This way", he pointed and they headed that way.

They arrived at cell block 2B a few minuets later and Kallus knocked the guard unconscious. Kallus punched in the code and the door slid open revealing Rex and Aldrich, but they weren't alone. An imperial officer with 2 stormtroopers were interrogating the prisoners. Kallus and Ezra quickly shot the stormtroopers, but the officer managed to escape their fire. He pulled out his gun and shot Aldrich, but missed Rex by inches. Ezra leapt forward with his lightsaber in hand and stabbed the officer. The officer fell to the floor dead and Ezra deactivated his lightsaber. "Dad!", cried Sabine rushing to her father and took of her helmet. "Dad, come on please be okay." Tears were forming in her eyes and she wiped them away. Aldrich touched his daughter's cheek lovingly, "My daughter, I'm so proud of you..." at that his hand fell and his body went limp. "No, dad!", Sabine cried. Ezra heard troopers nearby, "We have to go." Kallus released Rex, "Thanks Kallus, my wrists were hurting." Ezra knelt near Sabine, "We have to go Sabine." Sabine put her helmet on and nodded. Ezra picked up Aldrich's body and slung it over his shoulder, "Let's go." 

They ran out shooting a few troopers on the way. "How are we getting out?" yelled Kallus. Ezra grinned, "No problem." He used the force and ripped the door away. "Well that works", said Rex. They ran out and into the woods pursued by troopers. Ezra called Hera, "We need pickup now!" "On my way!" A few moments later the Ghost appeared and lowered allowing them to jump on. The ramp closed and a few seconds later they were in hyperspace. "That was close", said Ezra. "Thanks for the rescue guys", said Rex. Hera and Zeb came down to meet them. "Ezra where's Aldrich?", asked Hera. Ezra remembering that he was still carrying Aldrich's body set it down gently, "The imperial officer shot him and almost Rex." Hera nodded grimly, "We'll bring him back to Lothal for now. Sabine do you want to tell your mom?" Sabine who still had her helmet on looked down, "Yeah, I'll go tell her." Sabine left and Ezra spoke up, "Where should we put the, um body?" "Leave it here, Zeb get a sheet to cover it." Zeb nodded and left to find a sheet. Hera turned to Rex, "You can sleep on the couch for tonight, we'll be back on Lothal tomorrow." "Thanks for everything Hera", said Rex. "Uh Rex could I talk to you?", asked Ezra. "Of course son." They went to the ammunition room and sat down on the boxes.

"What's on your mind Ezra?" "Rex you've always been like a mentor to me and you've been with a lot of jedi. So I wanted to tell you about something." "I'm listening Ezra." "I had this dream and I-I saw Sabine in pain. She was hurting and there was nothing I could do." Rex sighed, "I'm not trying to explain the dream, but could it be Aldrich's death?" "What do you mean?" "I don't know Sabine as well as you do, but it seems she is hurting emotionally." "You're right Rex, I think that's it. Now what do I do?" "Give her time Ezra and be there for her." Ezra nodded, "I will."

Sabine dreaded this call, but she had to make it. She punched the numbers and waited. A few seconds later an image appeared of Ursa. "Sabine, is Aldrich alright?" Sabine gulped, "Uh mom, you might want to sit down." "No Sabine, you don't mean...?" "Yes, an imperial officer shot him." Ursa nodded slowly taking it in, "Bring his body here to Krownest and we will have a funeral here." "Okay", said Sabine weakly. "Very well, see you soon", said Ursa. Her image disappeared and Sabine put her head in her hands. The door opened and Sabine didn't even look up. "Sabine, I'm so sorry", said Hera. Hera sat next to her and Sabine finally looked up, "Hera I'm sorry about earlier, I know I can be a bit headstrong." Hera gave her a sad smile, "It's all right Sabine, but I think Ezra blames himself for your dad's death." "Why?" "Ezra cares for everyone and wants to save everyone. And when someone dies in front of him he blames himself. And Sabine I know he cares for you a lot. Maybe even more than you think." Sabine sighed, "I'll talk to him later." "Alright I'll leave you alone now", Hera got up and left. Sabine looked at her helmet, Ezra said she loved her and she had said she loved him as well. And she did love him, more than anything. 

Dinner was pretty quiet. Sabine didn't show up and everyone was solemn. After dinner everyone went to bed pretty early. Before Ezra went to bed he stopped at Sabine's room. He slipped a piece of paper under the door and then went to bed.

Sabine was working on a new painting when she saw a paper slide under the door. She walked over and picked it up. She unfolded it and it read:

Dear Sabine, I know you are hurting right now, but I want you to know I'll always be here for you. I love you Sabine, more than anything and I always will. Love Ezra

Sabine smiled sadly and closed the note. "I love you too Ezra Bridger", she whispered softly.